dimensions of minifigs and shipping table

For a reason unknown to me, many of my minifigs show up in the catalog with high shipping costs (6.95 for my own country) where it should be much less, for instance 1.35 in the Netherlands. I have a shipping method with dimension data 255x165x25 mm (L x W x H). This fits any normal minifig The first weight band is up to 13 grams, again enough for the majority of the minifigs
Someone who can shed his light upon this?
Martin

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Those minifigs probably don't have dimensions listed in the catalog. You can submit them.
  • The minifgs where I'm talking about do have dimensions in the catalog, at least weight.
  • Do they also have length, width and height? Those are also needed to correctly calculate shipping cost.
  • Don't forget to take thickness of packaging into account too.
  • When parts are missing dimensions in the catalog, BrickOwl apparently assumes they occupy a 3cm-sided cube (or so).

I think this algorithm guessing unknown dimensions could be improved... For example, very few minifigs actually exceed a thickness of 18mm.

An overestimated shipping volume penalizes the customers with higher shipping rates, while an understated volume penalizes the seller for not doing his job of contributing to the BrickOwl catalog. Personally, I would pick the second option. :)
  • An overestimated shipping volume penalizes the customers with higher shipping rates, while an understated volume penalizes the seller for not doing his job of contributing to the BrickOwl catalog. Personally, I would pick the second option. :)
    Completely agree :D
  • @ Stragus, this is why every time I receive an order (or quote) with missing data I supply these data to the catalogue, as good as I can. :-)