"No match was found for the ID"

Hi, I am very new to Brickowl and trying to import some inventory from my Bricklink store. I exported my store to BrickStore, then copied the bits I want to put on Brickowl into a new inventory list. I uploaded that to BrickOwl and many of the parts have imported with no problem. However, there is also a long list of parts saying "No match was found for the ID" - 228 in total!

I tried updating the database under 'extras' as suggested in another forum post but still getting the same issue.
I would be grateful for any help.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The two databases use different IDs. In simple terms BL assigns everything a BLID and BO assigns everything a BOID. If you're uploading a BSX file, this won't have any information about BOIDs in at all. The BO database does contain information about which BOIDs match which BLIDs, but when this is missing, it has no option but to ignore those entries in the BSX file that cannot be matched.

You'll need to find the skipped items in the BO database and (1) edit the item's information to include the BLID so that next time you upload it will work, and/or (2) manually add the item to your store using the 'sell' tab.
  • Thanks for the help, Hoddie.

Do you know whether it will be possible to do this in BrickStore or do I have to do it all via BrickOwl's web interface?
  • Sadly not. I'd love to see more BO<>BS features but I believe other software is being worked on that fills the gap.
  • @JustTheBrickcom
    Send me your sync file in PM and I'll have a look at it.
    Two things can be happening: either it's just the blid missing (or it has been changed), but the item(s) is(are) on BO, so just filing the blid will do the trick, things will synchronise shortly after.
    Or the 'match' is entirely missing on BO (particulary stickered parts after 06/2013), the latter implicates more work, as the entries would need to be created, then 'linked' up...
    You can find your daily sync file in your 'bricksync' folder on your hard drive under 'data', 'logs'.
    You can send it to: robernat at telenet dot be (it's an email that hardly has any purpose anymore, so risk free, as I use it to 'filter' spamming, so no worries at all, I'll reply from my official email offcourse)

Cheers, Eric

PS I have some free time tomorrow afternoon (CET) so if you send it by then I can have a look