Can't login to Brickowl using Opera

edited November 2016 in Site Issues Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi, this might be a silly question but in the last couple of days I have been unable to log in to Brickowl using Opera. The website loads no problem so I can browse, but if I try to check my account the browser just sits going round and round with nothing happening. I am using Vista, so Chrome is no longer an option as it no longer supports Vista. I have no problem accessing my account through my phone so luckily I can print orders through this method, but it's going to be a right pain trying to add items to my inventory or uploading picture submissions. I have tried a more advanced version of Chrome and Firefox on someone else's PC, again without issues. Is it a known issue? Does anyone have any ideas? Is it just me!!!?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm afraid I'm not able to replicate that on the desktop version of Opera, I'm able to login and look at my profile etc.
  • I'm using Opera both on Windows 10 and Mac OS and never had this problem. I would probably try to reinstall opera or at least delete all cookies.
  • edited November 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    What's the exact version of Opera you are using?
  • What's the exact version of Opera you are using?
    Version 36. My understanding is this version was released in April and is the last one that works on Vista (I believe version 41 is the one currently available to Windows 10 users). I have subsequently discovered I can access my account using Internet Explorer which isn't too bad, although it wouldn't be my preferred choice of browser! I am not in a position to check if it's sorted itself out until next week. It could just be one of those things and I could try a reinstall of Opera to see if that solves it. Thanks for the comments and will update as and when.

• Thanks for responding guys. Opera has now started to accept me again :smile: I haven't a clue what was up with it and I haven't done anything, but as it stands, fingers crossed and wood being touched, it is now all good!