Year and Taxonomy

Why Taxonomy Add/Edit says that gives 1 point but seems that it doesn't? I know I have submitted some, and most were approved, but neither submissions or points are showing.

Also, year couldn't give you 1 point like most of the other things?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Also what is the difference between "Inventory" and "Inventory Create/Alter"?
  • @Stellar
    Never paid much attention, probably added hundreds in the taxonomy edit, but my points are at '0' as well for that, while indeed the site says a credit of '1' is given (allthough probably worthed more as the process is extremely slow LOL, just kidding). Something to be looked at by @Lawrence I suppose...

Year > That's automated, if something is attached to a set (and technicly every set is in the database with it's year of release), there is no need to submit a 'year', if you attach something to a set, you get points for editing the catalog, and the year is added automaticly, so I assume Admin's reasoning is that there should be no points for it. Offcourse there are exceptions on years... (gear for instance), but then it would only lead to discussions: why for this, but not for that... Complicated to program I guess, so let's just leave it out 'points wise', in most cases one adjusts description, sizes, weight, taxonomy, etc in one shot, so adding a 'year' won't change much on the obtained 'points' ;-)

Besides that, I'd like to say a personal 'thank you' to you 'Stellar', the fact you notice these things is only because you put in effort to adjust the database, it's a relief seeing extra people chiming in on that :-)
  • Thanks for your explanation RobErNat, I understand the catalog better everyday.

I like BrickOwl a lot and I'm glad to help improve it.
  • I believe "Inventory" is actually just a way of showing that an item is missing an inventory, its used by different system, so you can ignore that in your points. Taxonomy Add/Edit is for adding or editing an actual taxonomy itself, as opposed to adding items to a Taxonomy. You do separately get points for putting things into categories. Year doesn't have points assigned to it as year isn't really used to anything.

I hope that helps to explain things, thanks @Robernat for your explanation also. And also thanks to you both for your efforts.