Fooled once.

Believed that items described as LEGO would be authentic Lego but that is not the case. Will not be fooled again.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hello, would you be able to let us know what about the items you have received indicates they are not authentic lego items? It would also be a good idea to contact the store you have placed the order in so they can address your concerns.
  • All BrickOwl sellers should be selling authentic Lego parts and nothing else!

The admin just posted above, but feel free to send him more details about this case. This is serious, I have never heard of (or received) non-Lego parts from BrickOwl.
  • @Mammy
    As both Admin Lawrence and Stragus mentioned, no there shouldn't be any fake LEGO around this site, and in case of concerns, yes you should contact the store. That being said, if you notice deliberate 'sales' of fake LEGO, it should be reported, if on the other hand you bought 'used' items, then it cannot be excluded you end up with a fake part, I recently found some 'fakes' in bulk myself, luckely I catched them while sorting and discarted them, but I cannot exclude (and no other seller can when sorting/selling 'used') a wrong brand ends up among the 'LEGO'.
    And as a matter of fact, when purchasing on a similar site, I once received fake 'chromed' parts, the seller didn't have much experiance, but a simple mail to the seller was enough to get things sorted.

I do need to say there are many many LEGO items that are not clearly 'marked' with either a LEGO logo, a copyright logo or a partnumber for that matter, particulary older parts, so while it may 'look' like a fake, it may just as well be very genuine.
    Would it be possible to tell us what exactly you got that you consider a 'fake'?

Kind Regards, Eric
  • Interested in that too.... Seller http://pepperbricks.brickowl.com/store/lego-parts/tile/decorated is selling these as originals, but they are fake/custom