got feedback from a Hongkong buyer saying that he's disappointed about a set which contained fake Lego minifig leg. I did not sell him a set neither a minifig or minifig part. Order was (a combined) order of EUR 0.50 for 2 bricks, 1 slope and a small instruction. What can I do ? Is it possible to remove such false accusation ?

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Admin does read the forum but you could also e-mail brickowl.com.
  • thanks, Hoddie. I just emailed him. This shows how important would be a possibility to answer to feedback. Probably the feedback was meant for somebody else (I did not sell him this set), but if you can't reply to tell the mistake, buyers would take it for true, and it doesn't need much more to destroy a good reputation.
  • feedback with false accusation is removed. Many thanks to Lawrence. I only hope that it didn't do any harm during the hours when it stood there.
  • Shouldn't think so, you have plenty of positive feedback.
    Did they contact you first before leaving the Feedback?

Interesting that it's another post that mentions fake Lego.
  • no, they didn't contact me, and funny enough they marked it as 'posiitive'. Lawrence quickly found out that it was meant for another seller. But it shows the importance of always checking your feedback instantly (easy for me as small store, but would bigger stores check all their positives soon after coming in ? ). By checking the buyer's feedback page and cross checking the stores where he placed orders approximately at the same time, I found out for which store it probably was (he gave the same remark for them but as 'neutral').
  • @Aladine Well Renate, I did check your FB when you posted and saw 'nothing', now you mentioned it was posted as a 'positive' I understand why, I will rarely read a 'positive', If I where you, as it was 'positive', I wouldn't even have bothered... another few feedbacks and it's on the next page :smiley: And so no, this would never have hurted you in the long run anyway (probably not even in the short run, as most buyers would simply look at your %, not the FB's themselves) ;-)
  • @RobErNat Well Eric, the comment of the positive was 'i am so disappointed in the set 5900, the minifigure legs is fake...it is not real Lego parts!'. Would you like to see that among your feedback comments? If I hadn't taken action, this would have stayed there forever, even if on the next page (some people look at the comments, even older ones (that's what they are for). And a very important point: the feedback which is shown on your front page is not the most recent one (as one can think by the title) but seems to be randomly chosen among the positives (I noticed that by chance one day). So, there was even the risk to find this comment one day on my storefront.
  • This ain't like other sites, I'm not really sure how many buyers actually read feedback, buyers only leave a low amount of Fb's, so if they don't leave any, why would they be reading any? I really think the % is a more important factor for buyers to determine whether they will shop or not...
    I do understand the part 'it is not real Lego parts' bothers you, I wouldn't be thrilled by it either in all honesty ;-)
    And yes, the feedback shown on frontpage is 'random', but usually among the last ones (blanks are skipped), not sure how far back the 'random' goes... I wonder if 'negs' could potentially show up there as well?
    Then I ask myself as well: how many buyers actually read the frontpage of a store ??
  • Interesting, I thought the customer had to contact you first before being able to leave negative feedback.
  • @Markyd7 Buyer left this comment for me as 'positive feedback' not 'negative'.
    @RobErNat no matter how many customers read such comment, already one would be too much. And random feedback on front page goes quite far back (yesterday I had one from August).
  • @Aladine yes you're right. Maybe they couldn't be bothered to contact you about it!