Refund Problem

Since Christmas I've been putting parts to one side for the Town Hall build, but with the idea I'd probably buy the set at some point so wouldn't need the orders.
I did this by giving myself Free Coupons and leaving the orders sitting there.
Well I've got hold of the Town Hall set so I want to return parts to stock and cancel the orders.

The problem is I don't seem to be able to do it.
I click refund, return to stock etc
Then I get the error 'refund must be greater than 0'
tried a few different things, but just can't get it to work.
@Lawrence any ideas?

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'll have a look into this tomorrow.
  • edited September 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks.
    I clicked shipped on 1 of the orders to see if that made any difference, which it didn't.
    @Markyd7 Your error sounds logical... You've given yourself coupons to virtually make your personal orders 'zero' (why would you do that, you don't pay fees on your own orders anyway).
    The fact each item is zero (and I assume shipping as well), there is 'nothing' to refund as total cost *IS* zero.
    No sure there is anything @Lawrence should/could change on that ;-)
    Might be easier to simply 'cancel' each order (in stead of using refund) straight away and reupload the parts that way...
  • curious on what @RobErNat mentioned on no fees, if I was to create an order taking items from my own shop, there would be no fees to pay, is this for both either paypal and BO ?, or is using the -ve coupon the best way of doing this.

currently i'm managing the stock items manually by bo for anything i need.

thanks in advance.
  • You don't pay BO fees on orders from your own store, and because there's no payment involved, there's no PayPal fee (though in any case you could always select an offline payment method at checkout - IBAN, cheque, etc.).

Be aware that in some cases, taking goods from your own business will attract a tax liability. This obviously won't apply if you're a private seller.
    @carlptaylor
    Ordering from your own store is 'fee' free, just set up a non instant payment method (like cash for example) and you're done. You'll have a valid order (and therefor a picking list) as any other, the only difference is that you don't pay a fee on it and that you can't leave yourself feedback (logical). You don't need to issue yourself a coupon at all... And should you 'sync' with another webshop, it will remove the items from the other store as well ;-)
    Quite easy...
  • Forgot to say: And should you wanna avoid wrong calculations on your 'dashboard', just cancel the order afterwards without re-uploading the parts.
    Thanks guys, I made a note of the fees just in case I needed them.
    Have tried to cancel the orders and it had the same problem again when it came to the refund.

I guessing this could happen if you've given a customer a coupon for x amount and then they spend that exact amount on parts, shipping and then ask for a refund?

Did we ever get an option to put stock to one side for customers/ourselves?
    That would have worked better.
  • @Markyd7
    I can only assume canceling an order with 'zero' to refund generates the same problem as the refund would be zero as well...
    Try by adding a 'refund adjustement', like 1 cent or something, not sure it would work, as the order would become 'negative'...
  • All sorted, it now works with the Cancel option.
    Thanks Lawrence.
  • thanks @robernat, @Hoddie for the advice, brickowl just gets better and better.