How important is feedback on BrickOwl?

OK, I'm new here as a seller. 16 orders in the past month. I see that none of my buyers have left feedback. Is this typical for BO?

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would say so, I have in average 25% feedback and sometimes nothing for several weeks in a row.
  • edited September 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Leftoverbricks
    quite normal, return feedback (and I say return, as I always leave FB after shipping) is about 35% if you're lucky ;-), I used to have around 42%, now it has dropped at 37%

If you happen to have many 'new' buyers then the rating might be a lot lower...

The feedback system on this site ain't very 'obvious' (just those blue/gray accents), so easy to mis, and different type of buyers compared to other sites...

tips:
    1. Just leave feedback for your buyers when you shipped... you can't leave a neutral/negative anyway, and in worst case you can always retract the FB, so no point in delaying leaving one for your buyers. Doing so might help buyers 'notice' a difference in the colors of the feedback indications.
    2. Add a note in the order to say 'thank you' and 'ask' to leave feedback if all went well.
    3. Give an incentive on reception of feedback (coupon) > part of my 'note' within orders.

Things like that can 'improve' the return rate, but it remains a 'low amount' anyway ;-)

Basicly: nothing to worry about, after all, you're not 'buying' feedbacks, you're selling LEGO and processing orders and are getting paid for it, if no 'complaints', then all is 'good', in the end, that's all that matters :-)

• I have 22% feedback as a seller. Of course that could go up a bit because some international buyers have probably not yet received their orders, but it's not like Bricklink where most buyers post feedback.
  • Thanks Robernat, this makes sense....
  • edited September 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm at about 350 feedback in 1235 orders, so under %30. I think BrickOwl could perhaps show a friendly reminder a couple weeks after an order was shipped... not as an email but as a little note on the website (not sure where exactly).

And as a customer, I would say only 70% of sellers left me feedback. Let's all remember this goes both ways. :)
  • As a seller about 35% of my buyers leave feedback. I always leave feedback and thank them for there business.
    What bugs me is I am also a buyer on brickowl ( 6 times in 2016)and and have NEVER received feedback from the sellers. I bought from one store 3 times already. These were not small orders. It just takes a minute to type a quick thank you.
  • I was wondering about the same thing. I´m still very new to Brickowl and just had 6 orders. But on other Plattforms i´m used to a 75-80% return feedback ratio.

• Personally I feel with the FB system the way it is - "not very important" - if customers leave genuine feedback - it helps other customers, however I doubt other customers look unless they see substantially less than 100% positive with a store.
    For sellers it's irrelevant - as you can only leave positive for customers, and with no option to post a response to a negative received - potentially damaging.
    That said in my time here **so far** I don't see it as an issue, to make it easy (as a seller) just post bulk feedback once a month - you can select all or just those that left you feedback.

Graham