Negative feedback.. I'm powerless?

I received negative feedback on account of wrong items sent. I was away for a couple of days and the buyer left negative feedback, I got back home and immediately sent the right items (the buyer gets to keep the other items for free, and that's about €15). I tried messaging the buyer but he does not respond to my messages, ironically.

I now have negative feedback, which is in my opinion undeserved. I am very surprised that I cannot
- leave other than positive feedback for the buyer?
- respond to the feedback that the buyer has left me, which is an incorrect depiction of the state of affairs
- take up some formal procedure like indicate this issue as "solved", or get the buyer to respond

Seems I'm kind of powerless, and while feedback may not be so important for buyers, for a seller it can mean everything.. now what?

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hello,

When you receive a negative feedback, the best thing to do is to contact the customer in relation to this as they have the ability to remove this. Unfortunately in your case it does not look like they have done so. We do intend to have the ability to post public replies to negative feedback, but have not yet implemented this. Ultimately when running a store mistakes do happen and I'm sure other customers will understand this, especially in comparison to your feedback record as a whole.
  • edited August 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for your reply. While I strongly believe I do not deserve negative feedback at all here, I am prepared to accept this as it is at each buyer's own discretion to leave the feedback they like.

However.. currently the description states that I did not provide any service, which is plain incorrect. This is the part that is to me unacceptable. I'm prepared to suffer this negative feedback, but I would really want to see either the description changed, removed, or a followup comment indicating that the items were sent. In 10 years I have not a single time refused to sent out items, and I really don't want people to read that message and conclude I do such things. That's really undeserved.

I spent more than €20 to solve this issue and did it as fast as I possibly could.
  • I understand, it looks like the feedback was accurate at the time it was placed by the customer. We do intend to allow follow-up comments in the future, but this isn't currently something that exists.
  • I didn't think buyers could leave negative feedback until they'd contacted the store about the order?
  • Don't know, I just know that I on the other hand am only allowed to leave Positive. Ironic, as feedback is that much more important for sellers than for buyers, plus sellers are more likely to be serious members.
  • I think it's great that sellers can't leave negative feedback, though I'm not sure I've always thought that. Over on the other site feedback is pretty much useless because it's widely known that many buyers don't leave genuine feedback because they risk receiving negative feedback in return. You can argue the merits of such a system either way, but here on BO it's removed from the equation entirely.

The thing that's missing is the ability to respond to feedback, but even that needs using with caution. As someone who buys and sells Lego, a single negative - particularly the one you've got - wouldn't deter me from buying from your store at all. Unless you do what many BL sellers do, and leave an inappropriate reply.

I avoid sellers more for their responses to bad feedback than I do because of the bad feedback itself.
  • Reading your feedback left from the buyer I guess they've contacted you while your store was closed?
    Having recently been away and shuttng my store for just over a week. This could have happened to me. I was in an area with very poor phone signal and gave up on checking my email for 3 or 4 days and I was on holiday!
    Maybe buyer shouldn't be able to leave negative while a store is closed and then a day or 2 after the store has opened.
  • Reading your feedback left from the buyer I guess they've contacted you while your store was closed?
    Having recently been away and shuttng my store for just over a week. This could have happened to me. I was in an area with very poor phone signal and gave up on checking my email for 3 or 4 days and I was on holiday!
    Maybe buyer shouldn't be able to leave negative while a store is closed and then a day or 2 after the store has opened.
    Exactly, I was in a meditation retreat abroad and had literally no way to check anything. What perlexes me is the fact that the buyer even mentions in the feedback he posted that my store was closed, which is not very strange in summer, but still he went ahead and drew his conclusions rather than wait. He still has not responded, and there is also no issue I can report concerning non-responsive buyer.
  • I was left negative feedback by a customer who wanted me to refund him for his order BEFORE he returned it back to me. He tried to open a dispute on Paypal and Paypal found in my favour. I contacted Brickowl and they didn't seem interested in listening to my side of the situation. This is the one part of this site that i really disagree with.

Being able to respond to this feedback would seem like the sensible thing to do, or just using common sense and not assume that the person selling on Brickowl is being untruthful. I feel your pain!!
  • I was left negative feedback by a customer who wanted me to refund him for his order BEFORE he returned it back to me. He tried to open a dispute on Paypal and Paypal found in my favour. I contacted Brickowl and they didn't seem interested in listening to my side of the situation. This is the one part of this site that i really disagree with.

Being able to respond to this feedback would seem like the sensible thing to do, or just using common sense and not assume that the person selling on Brickowl is being untruthful. I feel your pain!!
    Same...I offered a full refund with the return of the "dirty, damaged, and discolored parts"...and offered to refund the return shipping if the parts were indeed sub par. I have 50 sales on BO & BL and have never had a complaint with the quality of our used parts, in fact most have commented on the good quality of our used parts...when I have had issues (and I most definitely have had issues with getting colors correct and the numerous mold differences) I have always been able to correct it. I just think that if you have to have a pristine part, perhaps let the seller know or buy a new part. Something with this buyer seemed like they were looking to get the parts for free...maybe I'm wrong, but it really doesn't matter...I have a non-positive feed back I can't do jack with. Oh well, I have to move on and let it go!