XML upload

What is wrong with the XML upload file, this is a test upload and I am simply trying to change the condition to "usedn". I need to do this on about 1000 lots.
Also what item is necessary to do updates such as this, the "Lot_ID", "Brickowl_Item_ID" or the "BOID".

I get the error "no item found" when I use this upload.

124122-79
USEDN

Finally is there an easier way to change the Condition of an item, everything else seems to be possible to update through BrickSync.

Thank you,
Jacob

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The post didn't keep my XML information correct, for purposes of this post the "<" was changed to "&"

&INVENTORY>
    &LOT>
    &LOT_ID>13359587&/LOT_ID>
    &BRICKOWL_ITEM_ID>144273&/BRICKOWL_ITEM_ID>
    &BOID>124122-79&/BOID>
    &CONDITION>USEDN&/CONDITION>
    &/LOT>
    &/INVENTORY>
  • It is possible to update the condition of items using the normal inventory updating page. The issue with the XML file could be because the tags are all uppercase and the system expects them to be lowercase which is the norm for XML.
  • @Lawrence
    I used XML uppercase the other day to do some tests on whislists imports on BO, didn't have a single issue using files with uppercase (and Brickstock always put's in uppercase as well for BL imports for instance), don't think it really matters as long all commands are correct.

@Cob did you try with less lines? (are you sure about the format?)

Bricksync does allow you to mass update condition of items with the 'regradeused' command, but you would need to state the condition first in the description (so manual work as well), if you frequently have large batches in several condition types, I would use the description more often to start with, as BS automaticly sets the condition then.
    You could quite easely edit your BL inventory that way, delete the lot's on BO (the latter takes 20 seconds) and let BS create them again and they'll have their propper condition, might be less work then try to juggle with XML updates.