Brickowl not loading

Thought I would ask here. On my Galaxy Android phone, brickowl website is not loading. If I switch to wireless then it will load fine on my phone but not always near wireless. All other websites load fine on my phone. Brickowl used to work fine on my phone and stopped sometime during the summer.

Any suggestions to fix? Thanks!

Comments

• 18 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi, I actually work for a cell phone company and would love to be of assistance!

When you say "wireless" are you talking about wifi it works but when using your cell phone data it does not work?

If it is cell data then it could be a carrier issue. If its wifi it could be a home internet issue. But with all other websites working fine, may be a phone issue.
    BrickOwl is not going to know or discriminate based on if your using wifi or cell data.

A good place to start with phone issues would be to clear out your phones browser data. Depending on the model/software version it should be something like this to do so:

Settings>>Applications>>Application Manager>> slide to the left to say "all">> then look for the internet/google chrome in that list. Select it and hit "Force Stop" then "Clear Data".

Note: This will delete and favorites, bookmarks, and passwords you have saved through the browser.
    Note 2: That guide is generalized for most phones I encounter. If you need better assistance I would suggest to contact your cell phone provider.

Thank you,
    Chris
  • I have the same problem. Can't access BO over the Cell (Sprint) network on my Galaxy Android phone. Works on WiFi and it is specific for BO. I have cleared the data on Chrome but it does not work. Problem is ongoing for a few weeks now.
  • Interesting. I wont say who I work for (not sprint though. last time I said I work for a company they yelled at me for their service. So I vowed never again while off the clock!)

But it is interesting. I wont pretend to know all about website development but my understanding is there is no difference on wifi vs. on cell data for a website.

I would say its a bad/slow/throttled data speeds on cell data but if its only on BO I don't know what to say then.

Click "contact us" on the bottom right of an BO page and write BO a message and let him know about this thread and your experiences. Maybe he has more insight.

Thank you,
    Chris
  • I have sprint also and yes - just started sometime this summer. Yes, works on wifi fine and it is specific only for BO. I have tried chrome browser and another browser that came with phone and both do not work for BO. I had cleared out my data awhile ago after about a week of this happening and it didn't help. Thanks for suggestion though!
  • edited August 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Can you try changing the DNS server of the connection to 8.8.8.8 to see if that solves it?

When you say it "doesn't load", can you provide the exact error message?
  • ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
  • yes. same as blue dragon. This site cant be reached. took too long to respond. err_connection_timed_out
  • Thiat is weird.

Try pinging 51.254.46.4 and/or do a traceroute to that IP? I would also try changing the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 (Google's DNS), in case the server was moved and some DNS servers are lagging behind.

I am very curious to understand what's going on...
  • ok. I downloaded app called ping & dns. I dont understand any of this so hopefully I did it right. Thx!

ipv4 ping results

--- Aug 11, 2016 9:15:11 AM
    --- IP (rmnet_data0) 2600:1:81bf:1a4a:51dc:b994:fd74:373%7
    --- IP (rmnet_data0) fe80::79a2:5ebd:476:a949%rmnet_data0
    --- IP (rmnet_data0) 26.211.61.170
    --- Connection: LTE

PING 51.254.46.4 (51.254.46.4) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- 51.254.46.4 ping statistics ---
    16 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 15024ms

Trace Route

--- Aug 11, 2016 9:20:33 AM

Trace to 51.254.46.4

Then had numbers 1 to 24 going down with hyphen and blank beside each number.

I tried DNS to 8.8.8.8 or at least I think I did.

Aug 11, 2016 9:24:40 AM

DNS records for 51.254.46.4

A host not found

AAAA host not found

(DNS server: 66.1.32.132, port 53, UDP)
  • A main difference in browsing to BO using your carrier vs browsing to BO using wifi is the outgoing IP address. When using Sprint, machines on the Internet see traffic coming in from some IP at Sprint instead of say your home Internet connection.

Above symptoms are consistent with an issue at (or near) BO where some device has issue routing packets back.

You could visit http://www.ipchicken.com and report back the IP shown. BO could then possibly do a traceroute back, maybe that will shed some light on this issue.

Niek.
    Add to Favorites

Name Address: 170-115-87-66.pools.cgn.spcsdns.net
    Remote Port: 45456
    Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0.1; SM-G925P Build/MMB29K) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.98 Mobile Safari/537.36
  • If I do a traceroute to your IP it ends up at sprintlink.net so that looks OK. Would be interesting to see what it does for someone on the BO server
  • I have been watching this with interest, however, unfortunately I can't offer any insight as this appears to be a network issue somewhere between our server and a mobile network. We don't explicitly block any IPs so we don't really have any way to deal with this issue. I would hope that someone along the way notices an issue with their network and resolves it.
  • Hi Lawrence - if you have command-line access to the server, what does a traceroute to 51.254.46.4 report? On a Windows machine, this would be "tracert 51.254.46.4", on a Linux/Unix machine "traceroute 51.254.46.4". The traceroute likely will not complete, but it should at least report getting to a machine in sprintlink.net (my last reply came from sl-sprin904-411722-0.sprintlink.net).
  • @qwertyboy Are you asking Lawrence to traceroute from the server to its own public IP? :)

That really seems to be a problem with Sprint...
  • Man, it really is time for my Friday night beer. Obviously I wanted to ask Lawrence to traceroute to the Sprint's outside IP (so "traceroute 66.87.115.170" or "tracert 66.87.115.170").
  • Has anyone figured this one out? I have a new iphone (but still on Sprint) and the problem persists.
    Thanks!
  • I haven't figured anything out. Problem still exists for me also. Wonder how many Sprint buyers have this problem also where they cant get to BO??!!