Order refund

Maybe it's already on the list but for orders payed with Paypal or Stripe a working refund on the order page would be cool. I used it for over a month now and only now it dawns on me it doesn't actually do anything. I still have to go to the Paypal or Stripe website to make the refund myself. Is it at all possible to implement this using the APIs of both payment methods? If not, or at least in the meantime, a message stating no actual refund is made would help too.

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Heard loud and clear. The messaging after the refund is done has been made clearer. If the order was paid via PayPal (PayPal business and micro) it will offer to optionally do the refund automatically and then let you know if this has succeeded or not. Stripe will come later as that works a little differently.
  • I have a question on refunds. I've just had to refund an order and was offered the option to do some entirely through BrickOwl, so I did and it said the refund was successful and the order cancelled. Over in my PayPal account I can see no record of a refund being issued, do I have to with a bit longer or do I have to issue the refund manually?
  • edited September 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I do apologise, it looks like the code was only working for partial refunds and not cancellation refunds. This has now been fixed. You will need to manually do the paypal refund for that order. Hopefully this is the last of the cock ups on the refund form.
  • Ok thanks, good to know, I shall issue the refund via PayPal. Thanks for the quick response.

Just noticed my shocking typos in above post, at least you understood it!
  • But Lost too..., I think I did refund EUR 2,00 on a Paypal order for shipping, (which was paid in GBP), In BO everything seemed to go fine, but don't see any action on my paypal..., or should the buyer first except your refund...?
  • Do you remember what the message was when you did the refund? It would tell you either the refund has been done automatically, or to do it yourself. It looks like you use PayPal standard which does not support any API so we cannot do the automatic refund. There should have been a bold message to this effect.
  • Wish I did, recall saying it might not work, but assumed would be told if it didn't...,
    I think I can read from your answer that the client doesn't need to do anything (like accept) (nor do we) when the refund is done automatically? (and if i don't see it in Paypal, it didn't happen?)

Thanx, will do it manually...,

Note: Is the client informed about the (pending) refund?
  • The customer does not have to accept it, they are sent an e-mail with the details of the refund. If you don't see it on PayPal, it didn't happen.
This discussion has been closed.