Need to invoice for bulk sale

Im trying to do a sale for a customer for bulk LEGO 10 kilo's and can't see anywhere I can add this to the system and no where to create a custom item, could someone help me, thanks

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You could add a generic item for sale (a 2 x 4 brick for example), adding a note that the sale is for "10kg of Lego as previously agreed", reserve the lot for the buyer in question, and ask them to add this item to their cart and check out as normal with 'request a quote' so you can add the agreed shipping price.

Not ideal but at least it goes through the system.
  • Yeah not ideal as then it will put a 2x4 brick at a sale of hundreds instead of a few pence but it will have to do, thanks
  • @Shedloadobricks
    It's a bad move to sell this under an active (very active) part, as it will mess up the priceguide for that part.
    I strongly suggest to sell such under an entry that won't suffer from such a bulk deal, I can even suggest to sell under BOID 350505 (part 6626) (pick any color but not black or yellow), as most people don't even know what it is, the chances it ever gets sold is virtually zero, so you won't be messing up any Priceguide using that particular entry.
  • We could do with something in the catalogue specifically for times such as this. "Generic lot for irregular purchases" - something like that.
  • Or perhaps reserved lots just shouldn't appear in the price history. After all, reserved lots imply some special and private agreement between a seller and a customer, the selling price might be way off.
  • @RobErNat What exactly is that piece anyway?
  • edited July 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @brickbrowser
    It took me several months to figure it out (with tons of research), only a few handfull of people know 'what' it is, so I'm not going to tell (some secrets muts remain a secret) ;-)
    I can say one thing do, unless extremely lucky to have gotten it 'new' from 'bulk' straight from TLG (about a decade ago), the only other way to get it (and that is what I finally did) is to 'destroy' another part :open_mouth:
    One of the biggest 'mysteries' on invisible 'numbered' Lego parts :-D
    Tip: this part is 'part' of an 'assembly' that can never be inventoried.
  • @Stragus
    I don't agree. Some 'private' sales can be very 'according' to the priceguide and won't affect the PG all that much, it's just 'service'.
    Particular lot's like this deserve a 'custom' lot function, something that has been discussed before, so far no intention from @lawrence to implement such, time will tell whether such feature *might* become 'handy' or not (I would say 'yes' on a referendum for such right away).
  • @RobErNat Good quiz - I'll have a think... ;)
  • Thanks to everyone I think this needs addressing or a bulk buy amount price per gram for loose LEGO / TECHNIC / BIONICLE / BRICKS etc
  • It was suggested before that an entry should be created specifically for these types of purchases. "Custom Lot" or something like that. Can't remember what was said exactly but it never happened. I suppose it might be open to abuse from sellers who agree a deal only for them to send something completely different along with an invoice that simply says "Custom Lot".