GO Brick Owl !!

having been open in "both" venues for a about a month, pleased to be able to say that I have received 50% MORE orders on Brick Owl than "the other place"! (in the same time period)

The total value of sales is about the same - but that's "pretty darn good"

I truly believe that there is room for both venues to exist EVEN when the other place finally figures out a "proper" website!

The orders are different here - more lot #'s per order - which is fine, I would be interested to know how many come here after being put off by the huge number of confusing T's & C's stores have in the other place?

What Brick Owl provide as a HUGE advantage for buyers is unified store T's & C's - no lot limits, no hidden charges and so on

Granted I'm not in the BL "clique" ...

Graham :)

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I just got my first sale on Brick Owl yesterday! I have to say I am very impressed with the whole checkout process. The only thing I would like to see is once I complete the sale and message the buyer I would like a nice touchy feely prefilled message just like the other venue has. It would also be nice if it could pull the tracking number and include that as well.

I still think the site needs to be alot more user friendly and less clunky from the buyers perspective but hopefully in time it will get there.
  • Well I have had no orders yet, but only just started loading inventory as I have chosen not to BL Sync until I can get a completely Real Time Sync.
    However I am very impressed with BrickOwl so far, especially with the speed of fixes and suggestions.
  • Agree completely with you Graham!
    Tracy
  • I'm keen to see what the other site transforms into, but I'm rooting for Brick Owl right now.
  • I had figured that BrickOwl was a nice little addition to my sales but I checked and it is growing in percentage with every month. So far in September the order count is the same but BL still accounts for 2/3 of the income. And Rebrickable is responsible for 2 of my Owl orders.

W00t!

Brian
  • My first order on Brick Owl was August 24th. Since my first order on Brick Owl and including that order I have the following:

Brick Owl orders = 27 orders
    Bricklink = 120 orders

The Brick Owl orders are starting to pick up. I don't expect the order to get close to my Bricklink totals anytime soon. I am 100% happy with the way things are going so far.

The number I find fascinating is since January 13, 2010 I have had 38575 store views in my store on Bricklink. Since I opened my store on Brick Owl around the 21st of August I already have 5929 store views. That is a much better rate here on Brick Owl.

Gary
  • I think BL is per store visit while BO is all clicks within your store.

Brian