Disabling Shipping Quotes

edited September 2013 in General Vote Up0Vote Down
I have decided to disable the request a shipping quote option in my store. In case other sellers are interested in why, it's because every quote I have received had an existing shipping method that was appropriate. I believe that this option has only confused buyers into thinking there is a better price than the one displayed in their cart. Every answer to a quote has been a manual lookup into the shipping table and the amount they would have been charged if they had just checked out with the normal shipping. I'm sure this won't apply to all sellers, but it seems appropriate for us.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I had noticed this too, I intended to make it only show when there were no other method available but I'm afraid I forgot about it. I've now implemented as an option on every shipping method. For new accounts, this will be enabled by default, for existing accounts, it will need to be enabled manually as I'm aware different people use it in different ways.

Hopefully that should resolve your issue.
  • Awesome - I have re-enabled it with the new checkbox, so only unusual countries or extraordinary order weights will be able to see it.