Selling portals/platforms

Hello all,

I was wondering on which platform(s) you as sellers in general sell lego?
If you want to share ofcourse :) Currently i'm selling on bo and bl.

peter

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Used to do Ebay - made the move totaly to BO over a year or so ago and have never looked back :)

Sell some minifigs on EBay now and then as find they go much quicker there than here, but parts now only on BO
  • Brick Owl, Bricklink, Brickbrowser & Ebay
  • thanks for your comments ! @sophiesbrickshop if you are willing to tell, why did you left ebay ?
    must agree with you BO is a delight to use !
  • Had a few issues with them over the years, just seemed the shop features were getting less, the fees were getting higher and wanted to try something new. plus loading the stock was a PITA, I cant believe I was doing it without a part out set function :) And selling it as a bag of 5 of this and a bag of 10 of that..... hassle hassle hassle....

Was going to go to the other site, but discovered BO as a customer and as they say, the rest is history.
  • there is also another site called ebid which sells lego and you can sell individual bricks life membership option free to list 3% commission but very slow custom due to not been very well known there are mainly a set of certain people selling on there who it seems just buy from each other still worth a look if you are looking for a certain piece but you would have to trawl through all the lego listings .I used to sell footy stuff on there but only 300+ sales in 3 years regards brennans bounty
  • @brennans bounty thx for your comment :D does anyone have experience with amazon, i recently saw they are also selling lego, but only sets ? ??
  • Selling on Amazon is be good for exposure but comes with many hurdles:
    1. Fees are high (makes eBay look cheap), around 17-18% last time I used it
    2. You can't stop a return, buyer can order a set, build it and return it "it didn't met my expectations"
    3. The past few years they blocked toys sales during the Christmas seasons for smaller stores
    4. The max shipping price is dictated by Amazon and is well below what a small store without a contract with a carrier would pay.