Bulk quantity problem

I have noticed that sometimes buyers do not buy the minimum bulk amount eg x10 of a part but choose smaller amount. The bulk amount is specified in my BL store. The issue first appeared last year but seems to be getting worse (worse in that for some parts the min bulk amount appears to be set correctly but for a growing number it no longer does). Perhaps there is something wrong with my import settings (I list them below). Does anyone know the correct import settings to resolve this?

Brickstore.bsx File (Merge new Items)

New price and tier pricing
New Sale %
New Bulk Quantity
New Quantity
Merge and use new personal note
Merge and use new public note
New 'for sale' setting (stockroom)
Create new lot if external lot is different

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Update - from observation the issue appears to be as follows.

Say you have set your BL Bulk qty to 10 and say that after making a sale you have 5 of the parts. On BL the buyer would need to buy all 5 items and bulk qty of 10 in effect means '10 or less'. On BO the buyer however can buy just one of any item under the BL Bulk qty.
  • That does indeed appear how the bulk quantity is handled on BO, I would be interested to hear others opinions on how they would prefer it to be handled
  • Bulk should be 'full bulk' if the quantity available is below the presetted bulk quantity.
    So if bulk is 10 and the remaining quantity is 7, then buyer should have to buy the remaining 7.
    If seller adds 5 before a buyer buys, then quantity is 12, buyer must then buy 10, but also must be able to buy the full quantity of 12.
  • Hi. Robert's preference would be mine too.
  • edited May 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Agreed.

Also, it has been suggested before, but I would have liked a "minimum quantity" instead of a "bulk quantity". In other words, buy any quantity of part X worth just $0.01 each, but please buy at least 10.

Unfortunately, that isn't very practical due to synchronization and other concerns...