New Store - Fitbricks

Hello everyone!

My little son and I have just opened our Brick Owl store - Fitbricks.
The plan is that we'll continue as Brick Owl customers but we'll finance our purchases through our sales profits.
Was previously (and until certain auctions end) on an alternative online market place, but that is proving too expensive, especially since they now charge 10% on shipping.

I struggled with the postage/shipping options and I may have to review it soon, but for now, we're open for business.
If you notice anything 'not quite right' in regards to our store, please let me know.

Have had a great relationship and service from Brick Owl stores over the past year or so and concluded, there's no better place for us to sell from. The community here seems fantastic and helpful and it's great to be a part of it.

Kind regards,

Wayne.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi Wayne,
    welcome to the sellers club :-)
    and **sigh** even more competition now...
    nah just kidding offcourse, the more the marrier, more sellers=more variaty and more attraction for buyers to find this website and get hooked to it ;-)
    Your prices seem fair, good thinking, new shops need to invest in their credebility first, better return comes later.

Noticed you only have 'request quote'. I suggest you try to set up some shipping bands, and as a matter of fact, you can most likely just 'copy' them from other UK sellers, I'm sure some 'share' theirs (I share mine for Belgium for example), after that it's just a matter of fine tuning for your own store. Doing so will allow your potential buyers to see full cost in their cart, much handier for them, it's one of the great things here, even though the variaty is huge, the system still allows 'autocheckout' on most parts and minifigs, without the need for 'quotes'.

Besides that your store looks good, keep building it and do not worry to much if it doesn't work out right away, usually it needs a good variaty (+quantity) before you'll start to get frequent orders. Bottomline: list list list, and you'll get the orders when buyers find enough in your store to make it worthwhile to fill a cart :-)

Good luck and have fun ! Hopefully your son can chime in a little, doing something like this is a good learning experiance for a young chap.

Eric
  • Thanks RobErNat/Eric.
    Appreciate your comments.

I have set up some shipping now - UK, EU. Major struggle, but will get back to it in regards to the rest of the world.

Totally agree with your remarks about my son. This will teach him so much about life and business. Even on a small scale, there are valuable life lessons to learn with this kind of thing.

Enjoy your day - what's left of it - and thanks again for your comments.

Wayne
  • Hi waynstar welcome to brickowl, i really can admire the project you are undertaking with your son, really cool ! Most of the basics have already be told by the post above :)

So welcome, good luck and a have slot of fun !

Peter
  • Thanks Peter.

Eric, I managed to set up more postage/shipping options, (Not much shipping sharing going on here in the UK). I have a few items with no recorded dimensions. These tend to fall into the wrong shipping method, so I have re-instated "Request a quote" as an additional option. I have submitted edits in regards to weights and dimensions of these items - once approved all will be well.
    Next mission is to create an entirely new version of a 2x2 Tile with print.
    Lego Part 3068bpx7 - Tile 2 X 2 With Insectoid Logo In Triangle Print.

Well, have a good day all and thanks for the kind welcome.

Wayne
  • @waynstar
    Sorry to hear you did not find more options on shared shippings from other sellers, it remains offcourse a sellers perogative to share them or not...
    Yes, Request quote must remain active at any time, as if a buyer has an item in cart that has no weight or size data, and your methods do not allow that item to be packed based on 'virtual' (*) size, then you must allow a buyer to request a quote. (*) The system gives virtual sizes to each items, which are an 'estimated' size, but with lot's of 'spare', untill the item receives an actual size and weight.

What do you mean with 'Next mission is to create an entirely new version of a 2x2 Tile with print.
    Lego Part 3068bpx7 - Tile 2 X 2 With Insectoid Logo In Triangle Print.' ?

This item is in catalog:
    http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-tile-2-x-2-with-decoration-with-groove-3068-977071

When it comes down to peeron numbers: be carefull, due to a mismatch between several sites, many peeron numbers here are incorrect (not all, but 'many'). If you have questions just ask here on the forum, we'll help out. All parts from before 2013 are in the database, but they might be unnamed or without picture, so we'll be able to dig it up for you. Most parts after june 2013 are here as well, an occasional missing one, but rare, and all have a picture as well, as the data is imported by Admin from Lego itself.
  • RobErNat, I eventually found the part, but thanks for the good advice.