How Long Does the Automatic PayPal Refund Take?

I had a customer order two things in two batches, and to be nice, I went in to refund one of the shipping costs since I could sent it in one shipment. I've never used the refund process before, and went with the automatic PayPal option, but have not seen this refund reflected in either the order nor PayPal. How long should I wait to see this?

Thank you

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • All of mine have appeared in 24 hours or less - the fee reversal [if applicable] should also.
  • There should have been a message after you processed the form letting you know if it was sucessful or not. Looking at your orders, I can't see that you've actually processed the refund form, did you submit it?
  • @Bricks by Fans
    When you set the quantities to zero, and entered the amount to be refunded (I assume full shipping of the second order), did you press 'update totals' ? If not, it won't work, after that you still need to give a reason, before pressing the 'submit' button. Only then you'll be informed the refund worked.
    Make sure to have the needed balance (in the correct currency) otherwise the refund won't go trough (but you'll be informed on top of screen)

As a sidenote: you can setup a combined fee and a cut off state for secondary orders, if you set them up well, the system will look at the earlier order and only charge what is needed (might be nothing or just the combined fee if you enter one or just the 'surplus' based on your shippingbands), pretty handy feature :-)