Series 15 minifig inventory

I see the CMF series 15 figs dont have inventories for them. Are they going to be added in the future? I would take a shot at doing it but not familiar with the process or knowing what to add.

Cheers

Mike

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It's a big job because most of the constituent pieces aren't showing on Lego's inventories. This means most will have to be manually created before the inventories can themselves be created. It's a few hours work and only really worth it if you have some Series 15 figures you desperately want to part out.
  • Brickset shows which pieces are capable of being imported from Lego's servers:

http://brickset.com/sets/71011-1

Most if not all of the new pieces are missing. This might change at any point and if it does the whole process would be a lot quicker.
  • Cheers Hoddie - I thought that might be the case! I guess I will sit on them for now then :)
  • @sophiesbrickshop
    @Hoddie
    Not likely to happen on any newer CMF series.
    The only option: add the subparts manually, yes it does take quite some time and effort to do so, just as it has always been on BL for instance. We've been blessed with the automated imports on BO, but one cannot take it for granted on *anything*, so as long people do not put in efforts do add things manually, this site is going to miss out on quite a lot of items in future... Realise the number of contributors here is rather small compared to BL, if you sit back an wait, well you'll be in for a *very* long wait ;-)
  • Doing the work to add the parts isnt the issue - more doing it right. I've never done that level of edits in the catalgoue is there some docs describing the process? If so I can rtfm and figure it out :)
  • SO..........

Taking the spaceman as an example, I have created and submitted the parts that exist in the catalogue.

Leaving the flag, head, legs and body with specific printing.

Do I create these as basic white parts and then add images to make them specific to the set?
  • @RobErNat - I try and keep on top of any updates necessary for the items in my store - images, dimensions, weights, etc. Might seem a little selfish not to go beyond that but it's just too much work. Sometimes I get a few hours when I will go beyond that but those free hours seem to be rarer these days.

@sophiesbrickshop - it kinda depends. If the part already exists but not the colour, you simply add the part to the inventory and select the new colour from the drop down menu. This automatically creates the new colour for that part.

If it's a printed part, say a tile, you go to the normal tile page, click on 'Edit' then 'Create Decorated Version' - this ensures the new printed tile you're creating correctly links to the unprinted tile.

If it's an assembly, like legs or torso, I generally create a new part from scratch ('Edit catalog' from the bottom of any page), and once approved, submit further edits to ensure the assembly parent is listed. If in any doubt, check out a similar version of what you're trying to add, click on the 'Edit' tab and see what relationships that part has. Then add these relationships to the one you created.

This is one area of the help section that really needs expanding upon, especially if as @RobErNat suggests (and he's almost certainly right), more manual editing will be required going forward.
  • @sophiesbrickshop
    Hoddie has already given some good tips.
    The easiest way (example):
    Edit catalog, new 'part', fill in no partnumber, add description and a bit lower make a 'link' with the parent: Decoration Parent=2335, state what it is and where it comes from, submit.
    When Lawrence approves you'll get a mail to edit the item (add picture for instance), you don't need to add size or weight as it's being taken from the parent.
    Same procedure for the torso -> link is 'assembly parent' to part 973 (boid 854065)
    if you wanna add the torso without arms, same thing, but not 'assembly parent' but 'decoration parent' to the same part 973(boid 854065).

It's actually pretty easy with basic decorated parts, and not that much harder with brand new parts that never existed before.
    You just need to try a few, wait if they get approved (which means you're doing a good job), then move forward to the next one.
    For the namings of the heads, torsos and legs, don't complicate you life, just name it after the fig and add some basic description text.
    Examples:
    Spaceman Torso with Chest Panel with Buttons and Red Classic Moon with White Arms and Medium Stone Hands
    Spaceman Legs with Red Stripe
    Spaceman Head with Black Beard and Stubble
    Flag With Classic Moon Logo on Gray background on Both Sides
    And if you add the torso without arms:
    Spaceman Torso with Chest Panel with Buttons and Red Classic Moon

As BO has a 'tag' system, al other specific details can go there ;-)

Shout if you need more assistance (allthough in about an hour I'll be offline).

Eric

PS do not copy/paste namings from other websites, that is not allowed ;-)
  • @Hoddie
    I do understand people rather fill in the details they need to run their store, on newer items in my store I try to keep up myself, unfortunatly a big chunk of my store is 'older' stuff that needs a lot of data filling...
    In some cases I find it easier to just go over a whole bunch of details like inventories of minifigs or sizes and weights of identical figs (in a mixture of colors), I try to be methodical, as it's easier to work like that. When it comes down to CMF's I only create what I need, I sell most either as set or as fig, so subparts are not directly my interest, so it's good people like Mike wanna chime in on that, that way I can keep concentrating on older stuff in the database :-)
  • Eric and Hoddie, great advice as usual - appreciate that.

I will work on the series 15 figs and see what gets past quality control :blush:
  • Very good news, today Lego have updated their inventories, so the parts should soon be available for Series 15 so they don't need to be added manually! I'm very pleased.
  • Ditto,

Cool, the DFB's and Disney stuff is there as well, needs images and other details, but at least they can be worked on as well :-)
  • The images and details are coming, it looks to be the entire backlog of data. It will take me a while to approve everything, I've spent several hours on it today already, now waiting for the various systems do their work.
  • @Lawrence
    One more reason to start thinking about a basic access for one or more people (and I really don't have to be one of them) to approve submissions, this would take away some of your workload, and you'll be able to concentrate on the 'harder' tasks.
    At first sight the site is growing, so other issues will grow as well, tiny bugs like the other day that take up some of your 'online' time (thanks again for working on it *and* being available), and a backlog on submissions (I think I still have pending stuff from 2014).
    Don't get me wrong, you're doing a great job on all counts (and I admire it), but at some point in time there will a day you won't be able to 'cope' just by yourself, it will be too late to 'implement' anything then, so IMHO you need to be pro active about it and anticipate on it.

Have a great weekend!

All readers as well offcourse :-)

Cheers, Eric