Catalog edit

Hello, I have some items that has missing dimensions, so I decided start to add them.

I have added some, but I wanted to add more info, and I wanted to know what does BL ID stands for.

For example, for item 22410, the BL ID would be 142041? or for item 4489, the BL ID is 52193 or 4489a?

Also, is it possible to delete some submissions that are not yet approved?

Thanks,
Sergio
Stellar Bricks

PD: Can you Lawrence improve the forum search? Because I tried looking for BL ID and found nothing, but looking in the Catalog Discussion I found a topic with that title...

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The catalog pages never show BLIDs even if they are known.

Only submit BLIDs if you are sure they really are missing. For example, if using BrickSync and the BLIDs are listed when running the owlresolve command. The owlsubmitblid command makes sure it doesn't already exist before submitting to the catalog.

For design IDs 22410 and 4489, the BLIDs are already known.
  • @stellar

For example, for item 22410, the BL ID would be 142041? or for item 4489, the BL ID is 52193 or 4489a?
    Sergio, not sure where you are getting those numbers, those aren't BL ID's whatsoever in relationship with those parts. Where did you find/see those?

Don't worry to much about standard, basic, undecorated parts, Bricksync will nearly always make a quick match between BL numbers and BO numbers, as they are TLG's number that serves both sites.
    Older variants (a, b, c, d extentions on BL) already have their match. If a split is made for some reason, it's best to inform BO's admin, so he can do the same split (they still need to get a BLID match then)

Only 'new' decorated parts really need to be matched, as the numbering system on BL is particular and cannot be used or displayed on BO, so it only serves 'syncing'.
    Your best option is to explore your Bricksync 'log' to find out if certain items are not syncing, if so, search the item on BL and BO and submit the BLID on BO, once approved, at your next session, Bricksync will automaticly start 'syncing' the part, that's about the only purpose of those BLID's, as BL does not allow their numbering system to be used on other sites (reason you can also not search them here).