Weight in cart.

As a buyer, knowing the limitations, I would like the ability to see the weight of items in my cart and totals.

As a seller I would like my customer to see, not only to compare my shipping limits but also if thinking of combining orders.

On a quote too would be a bonus.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I will add that to the list. Unfortunately it won't be that indicative because shipping methods can have dimension/volume/value limits.

At the moment, if you choose a shipping method in your cart, the shipping total will then show on the sidebar and you can see it change as you add and remove things while you shop.
  • I recently had a buyer requesting the exact same thing. He wanted to know beforehand how many pieces he could add or had to remove to stay within a weight band. In that case trial and error did the trick but it took a long time. But I agree that it does not always apply ... maybe extend the display of weight with a display of the rules used to get to a certain shipping method: if it is weight based, show the weight and the previous/next available shipping methods. If it is price based, show that. If it is volume based highlight the biggest part or the part responsible for the change in shipping method.
  • I will add that to the list. Unfortunately it won't be that indicative because shipping methods can have dimension/volume/value limits.

Thanks

No problem for me being experienced with buying internationally it's more about looking at how a seller has set up their limits and for comparing countries. One country has 350 gram limit and another 500 for the same price it's hard to get that view if the parts are different between possible orders.

At the moment, if you choose a shipping method in your cart, the shipping total will then show on the sidebar and you can see it change as you add and remove things while you shop.

I did this and it worked well for my first order, it did take a dozen or more back and forth tries and that with bulk amounts.
This discussion has been closed.