New to Brick Owl and selling

Hi
I am a new member I have posted a question in all discussions about parts in a box
I attend a lot of trade auctions and often see brand new Lego sets in very damaged boxes
just to see if there is a market for these sets I recently bought a few. My problem is I am never sure if the sealed bags of parts are all present and correct for the box they are in taking into account the damage to the boxes. As I am not a regular seller I do not think that a store is a good option for me
so is there any other way I can offer these sets for sale on Brick Owl

mickanta

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Welcome,

I thought to mention that often the total weight of a set is listed here in the info. While not a perfect method comparing these weights should give a good idea if there is a whole bag missing or a wrong one. One or two parts not so much.

There is a market for things like this for sure, I would buy somewhat unknown technic sets at the right price.

I believe you could list sets all together or separated by theme in a custom bulk lot. Sell the sealed bags by the pound in a custom lot. Sell the sets as new but incomplete (even though they might be) and with a description.

There certainly is a market almost any way you get these listed.

Joe
  • Thank you Joe for your reply which was very helpful I would still like to ask the forum about a place
    to sell as an occasional seller setting up a store seems over the top. I there any other way to let store owners and other buyers that I have new Lego for sale

Mickanta
  • At the moment, the only way to sell your items is through a store as you need to setup payment/shipping methods etc. We might allow selling of a few items without a store later on though.
  • Thank you for your reply. I would offer a suggestion for a classified page where people like myself could offer the occasional new stock. The stores are for the experienced and knowledgeable traders who understand Lego. The Lego I see on a regular basis at auction venues all usually come from well known stores for some reason they seem reluctant to sell anything with a badly damaged box. I believe that this stock would be ideal for the store owners on Brick Owl.

mickanta