Partial Capture of Stripes payments

In a recent order paid by Stripe, I had an inventory mismatch. Instead of dealing with a refund, I went to the stripe transaction before I set my order to the shipped status and did a partial capture of the amount received.

Not that it is a common occurrence, could it be handled automatically ? Seller could send the refund amount in the order and when the order is sent to shipped, BO will capture the total-refund in Stripe or generate a paypal refund.

Thanks,
CB

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited April 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Agreed for BrickOwl refund notifications as part of the shipment email, that would be nice.

I don't do refunds through BrickOwl because PayPal already sends an email, it's redundant, and I try to avoid flooding the mailbox of customers.
  • edited April 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I believe if you refund prior to shipment, it does alter the capture amount, but I'm not certain. The refund functionality also informs the customer exactly which items are being refunded, and refunds the brick owl commission.
  • With PayPal Pro, you can't alter the capture amount on BO, but this would be a great feature. Currently, if we have a pre-auth payment, and a partial refund, we have to wait until the order is shipped before we can do the refund. The workflow is more appropriate to do it when the order is packed. It would be a great feature using the refund function in BO would just reduce the capture amount upon shipment.
  • @Lawrence , thank for the auto refund on Stripe payment.

If the payment is not captured yet, will it then do a partial capture ?
    Thanks,
  • Not at the moment, although I do intend to implement partial capture
  • How will it work when I issue a refund before I ship the order (i.e. payment has not yet been captured) ?

Thanks
  • At the moment it would show an error and tell you to do the refund manually after capture
  • I have updated this, so that now, it will correctly handle refunds for uncaptured payments by updating the capture amount.
  • Excellent. Same enhancement soon for PayPal?
This discussion has been closed.