Cant use paypal shipnow to hong kong

I sold an order i had quoted to hong kong. It was paid through stripe so to ship it i was going to use paypal.com/shipnow. Never had a problem with that before on international orders but it wont accept my address. I keep getting an error that the reciepients city is invalid but there is no line to enter the city. Anyone had that problem before?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Edit the adress, I have always seen a field to enter the city!

If PayPal still throws errors, retype all fields completely. If it still throws errors, make a $1 credit card payment to yourself; use it to ship and edit the address (shipnow no longer works in Canada, not sure elsewhere).
  • something to do with the last site update: Stripe integration has been improved, card security information is more reliably shown in the order view, now including address verification. Additionally if there are any issues, these are shown at the top of the order screen.
  • edited April 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @elias3 As far as I understand this is an issue with Paypal, BrickOwl/Stripe don't have any interaction with Paypal shipnow
  • yeah its just with paypal. I cant print postage from stripe can I? If you pull up hong kong there is no field for city, just name, address line 1 and address line 2. 3 fields total, its very limited.
  • also, i have tried the address about a dozen different ways, its just a matter of them not having all the fields, if someone wouldnt mind pulling it up on their paypal account just to verify it isnt just me.
  • You are correct in that the new paypal ship now doesn't have a city field for Hong Kong.
    It's a little hard to find now, but if you switch to the classic view, it will show the option to enter a city.
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now&node_optout=true
    I'm guessing they still have a few bugs to work out of the updated version.

Katie
  • thanks so much for the help