Buying from a wishlist

Hi. I'm new to BrickOwl. Very impressed with the intuitive nature of the interface compared to other lego brick sites out there.

I have created a wishlist and tried to click on the "Buy" button to see what happens. As expected I got a list of stores that have the parts I need. After selecting all the stores listed, a number of "unallocated parts" remains on the left.

The funny thing is, when I click on any one of these "unallocated parts" I get to see another list of stores where I can buy those parts from.

So my question is why would those parts remain unallocated in the wishlist page if in fact there are several stores that have those parts on offer? Am I missing something?

Thanks

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @plofstof
    There might be several reasons, I don't know how exactly what kind of returns you get on a larger wishlist, but there are known 'priorities'. For starters, the buy function looks for the cheapest shops (excluding shipping and handling), so the shops you are referring to might bit slightly more expensive. Other possible reasons are bulksettings (you need to buy xx copies of the same item), shippingtime (stores with over 8 days processing times might be excluded from normal searches), minimum lotvalues (the seller has set an average lot buy), etc.
    It might be interesting to make 1 purchase, clear away a bunch from your wishlist, then run the buytool again, it might give other results as part of your wishlist would be changed

Maybe @Lawrence knows some other reasons for the results you're getting.