Why is it possible to make an order in my own Store?

I just tried and you can, the good thing is that you can't leave feedback for yourself.

Maybe it is useful in some cases?

Sergio
Stellar Bricks

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It certainly is useful for testing the shipping or payment methods, or to subtract items from your wishlist that you have in stock.
  • I did it to check the shipping methods, but I expected that when clicking checkout it wouldn't work, but it worked.

And yes, it could be useful for that, but I tried to delete the order but I can only cancel it, and I would prefer deleting it so it does not count on the stats displayed in dashboard
  • I use it all the time for my own projects.
    Each project I set up a new coupon with multiple uses for 100% off and free delivery.
    I'm not sure if I'll go through with my current project, so I haven't picked my orders yet. I can return the stock if I decide not to go ahead.
    Have also used it for checking settings.
  • It is intentional that you can place orders in your own stores, you can then cancel it. Cancelling orders should adjust most of the statistics. An order can never be deleted.
  • Under UK tax law it is sometimes necessary to account for stock you remove from the business, even if you're self-employed and technically everything already belongs to you, and retaining the details of such orders may be useful for this purpose.
  • It's extremely useful for those of us that need to pull bricks out of the store in mass quantities/lists for other projects.