US shipping question

Does anyone know if you can request a package pick up for first class packages? I often use this service for priority mail, but I'm not sure if I can use the service if I only have first class packages.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It was not possible a year or two ago but now it is. I had USPS coming every day even for a single first class mailer.
  • When I filled out my pick up request last night it no longer allowed First class to be picked up by its self . If you had an Priority or Express package it would let you add First class to be picked up along with it.

I think that maybe they changed something along with the postage change this weekend.
  • Confirmed for me too... that is a step backward especially with my closest blue collection box being 7 miles away...
  • Chances are if you put a note in your mail box stating that you have a package you need picked up at the front door, they will be happy to do that for you.
    I haven't filled out a pick up request in months. I worked out a deal with my mail carrier, she gave me a couple tubs to put mail in, and we just switch back and forth. I usually leave the tub on the porch if it's nice or bring in it if the weather is bad. I have a note that I put in the mail box every morning, with the flag up. She just throws our mail in a new tub and swaps it for the one at the house. I usually have a couple priority mail packages going out during the week, but often it is just first class that she is picking up.
    Works great for me.

Katie
  • I'll echo Katie's sentiment but I don't have that kind of volume. But my mail carrier has gotten to the point where he always asks if I have anything going out.

Do others of you not have RFD and only have a PO Box?