Inventory download options

Is there anyway to download my inventory into a BrickStore file? The issue I am having is I had nearly 1000 parts in my BrickOwl inventory before I gave up on running two separate inventories and imported my Bricklink inventory. Now I have 32000 parts in my store with some duplicates. If I could import to either BrickStore or Bricklink I could adjust and consolidate rather quickly. As it stands right now the only way I see to do it within my BrickOwl store is going through 32000 items 1 by 1 looking for them which isn't very feasible. Is there any other options I am not seeing?

Comments

• 20 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited August 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I think you can sort out what lots these are for you in Excel, with the XML file, sorting by the right ID column. Ones you added yourself would have no external ID. If this is how you added them. Not a click and gone method but it may help in your search. ( EDIT -- the inventory download option)

I believe a mass inventory "merge lots" has been suggested before, Inventory download in Brickstore XML as well. That I don't think would work well with stores that sinc as it does not handle the external ID's. ?
  • That I don't think would work well with stores that sinc as it does not handle the external ID's. ?
    Maybe I am thinking about something to do with the way the BSX file was set up to import/merge and it's about how Admin sets up the translation. I am not sure as of course Brickstore "handles External IDs"

• There is already an option to remove the external IDs. This helps to keep duplicate lots at bay when you add new parts directly (not through sync).
  • Can you tell me where to find the "remove external ID's" option? I do remember seeing it somewhere prior to my post when I was looking around but I am unable to find it now for some reason.

Thanks,
    Gary
  • Store -> Inventory -> select something -> scroll down -> choose "Remove External ID" from the update dropdown box.
  • Thanks Hellmouth, I found it. It is also on the pull down at the bottom of my main inventory page. I guess my question now is since there is no external ID for items I uploaded directly to BrickOwl, I am right back at square one and still can't export the inventory from BrickOwl into a XML file for Bricklink or a proper file for BrickStore. With 4000 plus lots there is no way I can look through each individually to find the dups caused when I uploaded my store from Bricklink. Does anyone else have any ideas or a way I can convert either a CSV or XML to import into BrickStore or Bricklink?
  • As far as I know, there is not. It has been discussed (and asked) in previous threads but not with a conclusive answer. From what I remember James saying there is some difficulty with the Bricklink lot ids which are also used by Brickstore.

I went through my whole inventory myself to remove my duplicates, granted at 'only' 2000 lots, that's a lot smaller than yours but it still beats waiting for a solution!
  • I guess my next question would be if I go through and do my duplicates via the CSV file and delete the BrickOwl side of the duplicate and edit the quantities from the imported portion of the duplicates will BrickOwl then create an update file possibly or has anyone tried this yet? It seems it would work the same as an order would, I think.

Gary
  • Have you added items to your Brick Owl inventory, then imported your BrickLink inventory into Brick Owl, and you now want to take those original items you added to Brick Owl and add them to Bricklink?
  • Yes, basically. However I will be keeping it all here as well. My main concern is the dups. It is easier for me with my BL settings and even BrickStore I can automatically catch and consolidate dups. Also being able to import my BrickOwl store into BrickStore is very important as that is the program I use for all my inventory edits, changes, and adding new items.

Thanks, Gary
  • edited August 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Righto, you can sort your inventory by date created to find the older items that you probably added before you synced. You can't consolidate Brick Owl created lots with those from BL because any changes to lots with external IDs will be overwritten in the next time you synchronise.

If you have removed the external IDs from the lots, they will no longer sync with BL, if you now sync with the BL, it will reimport them all again.

We do support importing from brickstore, but you can't currently use it to import your Brick Owl inventory, edit it, and upload changes. We may support that in the future but the software is heavily geared up for BL.

If I expedite building of the restoration of backups, would it be beneficial for you to restore one of the backups of your inventory from before you removed the external IDs, or before you synced with BL?
  • Actually, fortunately for me I realized ahead of time removing the ID's would not help me and would likely cause me further problems so I didn't do it. I was hoping someone else could give me an idea to try first.

Gary
  • Also, that is why my hope was that I could delete the BrickOwl direct uploads that are dups and increase the totals on the Bricklink import. Will that automatically create and update file for Bricklink as it would if I got an order? That is my understanding of how the order process and sync with Bricklink works so I may be wrong as I still haven't gotten an order on BrickOwl yet. I keep watching and waiting and hoping though. :)
  • Righto, you can sort your inventory by date created to find the older items that you probably added before you synced.
    I have been waiting days for these sorting methods to show up thinking time was needed. I still only see defaut as a method unless I am looking in the wrong place. Some kind of a cache cleaning thing I need to do?
  • I found them. I was expecting them in the inventory not the store.

It would be nice to have simmilar sorting methods in the inventory screen, may have missed that being mentiond or in the works.

Thanks
  • Okay so my theory and/or understanding of the system was definitely incorrect. ;) What I did was went through and eliminated a handful of the BO entries that were duplicates and added the extras into the BL side of the duplicates. My hope was that the system would kick me back an update file as I understand it will when I get an order. I haven't had one yet so I don't know if I understand this correctly. Never the less it did not work. Do not try this at home. It did not shoot me out an update file to update BL's end. Plus like an idiot I updated my BO inventory with another BL CSV and it put the BL side of things back to the original quantities and locations. But I lost the BO side of the listings.

Gary
  • Does anyone know how I use the back up to reinstate my inventory to an earlier date?
  • You can now import backups using the import/update page.

When you update inventory levels on Brick Owl, it will not generate an update file for BL. The synchronisation is only for orders. To update inventory levels etc for items that you want to keep synced with BL, use the BL interface. Because BL has no API trying to do synchronisation of inventory levels would have a higher than acceptable risk of messing up your inventory in my opinion.
  • @walstib the sorting on your inventory is only when you search at the moment, not when you browse by clicking one of the categories, I need to transition them over to the new system