Shipping from Germany to USA

Hello,

I am looking to purchase about 35 lbs of lego bricks from a seller here on BrickOwl. I'm trying to figure out what the approximate shipping cost will be and if there will be any import duties/taxes. The seller is in Germany and I am in California, USA. I have sent a message to the seller but wanted to see if anyone here in the forum had any input while I wait for the reply from the seller.

Thanks!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @brickwaves
    You really need to wait for answer from the seller, as 35 lbs is about 16Kg and most Postal services have predetermined 'blocks' of weight limits, not unlikely this would end up in a 20kg range (EU standards). But it really depends what kind of services the store uses: Deutsche Post, DHL, etc
    So only the seller can answer that particular answer.
    In regards to 'free' import taxes in the US, they are quite high: up to $1000 should not be problem, but you can check this yourself by simply googleing 'import taxes USA' and read a bit on the results.
  • Germany has excellent international shipping rates, as several other European countries.

For that kind of weight, if you aren't in a rush, you could also enquire about surface shipping. I once received a 19kg order from Poland for about $60; the surface shipping took about 40 days.
  • Thanks for the reply! Hopefully the seller responds to me soon.