New Stripe Account Issues

Ok so im having some major issues with Stripe it seems. Open the account and verified it though the SSN and bank account stuff. My first sale was blocked and then received an email stating i need to verify with a CC. Got that done. Meanwhile nothing on my account is telling me my account isn't in good standing other than the 7 day transfer banner at the top. Meanwhile every single translation is still declining the users card. I have emails support every day for over 10 days, i have tried contacting on Freenode with no luck and also on twitter with no luck. Anyone else have these issues?

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited March 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    That is a misplaced comment, while tragic and hitting close to your home (and mine) it does not give you the right to such an answer.
    Unfortunately there are terrorist attacks every day, based on your logic, forum should be silent every day, fell free to step away and take a break, but don't dictate how others should behave.

@3001Bricks, Stripe is fine with me.

Edit: response to 3001Bricks has been deleted
  • @Dawn14
    Life goes on, but only 'the day after' IMHO...
    Eric, security department, Public Transportation, Brussels

and so now you know what my day has been like :-(

@lawrence
    there are days 'censorship' are a good call, there are days that are not...
  • Our family had two near misses today in Belgium. My sister-in-law was on the train that went through 10 minutes before, and she would normally have been on the one with the bomb. Also, my wife's uncle was due to fly to Spain today (now cancelled obviously) and his wife had suggested they go to the airport early to enjoy some breakfast, as they often do when travelling. For some reason they decided against it today which potentially saved them from being in the middle of what happened.

My wife works around the corner from that Metro station and we pass it every day, and we live 2 minutes from the airport so many roads around here are choked with traffic and/or closed, many with buses that had been parked up after helping transport people away from the airport.

Life does go on though. We were off work today because we had a long-standing time-sensitive appointment at the hospital, and had to persuade the police to let us through into the secure zone in order to keep it (having phoned to confirm we were still expected). On the plus side my wife also got to donate blood, she's the rare type they're always looking for so hopefully that helped.

Given your job title it sounds like you might have been in the thick of it today Eric. I hope you and yours came through today safely.
  • @hoddie
    Yes, safe, wouldn't be around if not...
    But it came close, real close...
    My Supervisor announced the news early this morning, he came on running in: his son works on the airport and was 50 meters away when the first blast took place (and he walks in trough the same entrance), and allthough he had initial contact right after, the Cells went dead...
    A collegues wife, pregnant, works around the second blast, she could have been there, she had a day 'off' today...
    My wife works at the VUB site (University site), shut down for potential danger of yet another bombing, I send her home around 10 (45 min after the second blast), but at that point it wasn't clear whether the danger was real or not, she stayed on for more then an hour, my text message didn't reach her :-(
    The metro... well hundreds of collegues running around every day...

Next month I have course 'first aid', one person of the office 'had' to take it, I volunteered, it was already scheduled last year, I postponed 3 times due to lack of time, I don't think I will postpone next month, suddenly the need seems very real and usefull...
  • It's a tragedy, but life goes on.

Don't give a few deranged individuals the satisfaction of having paralized an entire country (or the world). They really don't deserve it.

Life goes on.
  • .... Took a nap and came back... WTF... did i miss something? Ask a question about Stripe and now i feel like a terrorist.
  • @3001Bricks
    In no way I considered you a terrorist, reason I expressed my opinion about the 'censorship', should you have been able to read it, then you might have understood that I simply found your post 'insensitive' at moment of posting, that's all. Clearly the site administration did not agree with it and removed my initial post, leaving you 'just' with rest of the replies, and giving you IMHO the wrong impression about it, I appologise for that.
  • So because a bomb goes off in the world im not suppose to think about making money for bills? Or the fact life will go on? Im new to the site and this was my first time asking for information from the community and you decided to come in and tell me insensitive. Tell me if what was going on at the time was so bad and required so such attention then what on earth were you worrying about what someone said on Bickowl.Com? If you want to take a day in sorrow over what happen please feel free i would never comment on anything to you about it. Im not you. If i choose to continue on and not bring my world to a stop every time a bad man does a crime then please stay out of it it dont require your comments. Thanks for giving me a bad taste in my mouth over this site. The first time i ask anything in the forums... and you just had to comment. really... thanks. The only insensitive thing here was the fact you felt a need to comment in the first place.
  • Emotions were understandably running high. Eric's post was simply misdirected anger, given his explanation I think you could cut him some slack.
  • Don't bother Paul, clearly the OP values 'making money for bills' over caring for others, I'm glad that I'm not like that, and that I can still be angry over such events in stead of being indifferent.
  • I don't think that's fair Eric. A huge bomb went off in Pakistan yesterday, it didn't stop me dealing with things in my life. What happened in Brussels was close and personal for us but that's not the case for everyone. You can have empathy for people half-way around the world and also carry on with what's important in your own life.
This discussion has been closed.