receiving orders as pending...no actual payment

the last 3 orders I received say "pending" instead of "payment submitted" and I have not received payment. Is this happening to anyone else? Is there a new "hold order open" option that I am not aware of?

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Yes has happened to me. I've just sent Lawrence the details so hopefully he can fix what's gone wrong :)
  • There is some type of Paypal slowness. The orders eventually move to the paid status (some took several hours)
  • I see the latest site update from Lawrence says the PayPal API was updated yesterday - could be fall out from that.
  • One of the orders was a repeat customer so I sent an email asking her what she is seeing on her end. Will update when I find out.
  • From what I can gather, this is a Paypal issue whereby payments are going through fine, but the recipient is sometimes not informed for several hours. Brick owl is also not informed so the order status isn't updated. As far as the customer is concerned they have paid and can see it on their paypal account, but the recipient can't. Hopefully paypal will sort it out on their end.
  • Paypal appears to have fixed their glitch. I have just received the email and payment from an order placed 5 hours ago, and the order was automatically marked as Paid on BrickOwl.

I had also sent an email to Lawrence, thinking the new Paypal code might be involved. His mailbox must have been busy today. :)
  • From a buyers point of view there is no significant effect. Transactions are posted within a timely manner.
  • This seems to be happening again. Is anyone else having trouble?

My very first store order... Customer appears to have paid, but I have not yet received. Should I go ahead and mail the customer's product?
  • Nevermind. I received an e-mail back from Brick Owl; apparently I did not have my payment method set up quite right. I think I've gotten it fixed now; hopefully the customer will finish the payment process.