Bricklink Sync

I am just curious if anyone has had any issues with Syncing their inventory with Bricklink? I was going to run 2 separate inventories as I have the room but I can see now it will become a bit tedious trying to keep up with. My main concern with the sync is simultaneous sales for the same parts before I can get to the computer to Sync the stores. Is there a way around this? Has this been an issue yet for anyone? Is it possible that in the future the Bricklink Sync will be automatic?

Thanks for any advice or insight.
Gary

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I run two simultanious stores, also one on BL. My store is now for more then a week open now. Syncing is important to get both in sync. I've had no problems so far, but it's a possibility (theoretically) that buyers buy the same items at the same time in both stores.
    An automated sync should be appreciated, but I don't know if that is possible.
    If someone has suggestions, please let me know.
  • It is possible to setup an automated sync that would update the inventory in your other store when an order is placed but you need to do it outside BL and BO. I have been doing that for a while and it seems to work well.
  • ^^ Would you be willing to share? Or point people such as myself in the right direction to accomplish such a task?
  • OK. Do you want to share this? Else I have to invent the wheel again (in good Dutch) :-).
  • Please correct me if I am wrong...

IF by chance you received two orders simultaneously on both platforms and that you were unable to fulfill due to the same part(s) being ordered (I have yet to have this happen even with orders placed before being able to "sync") - Then BL's ToS require that you have the parts available, whereas here the ToS here states that you should refund (without delay) for any shortages...

I have included a clause on parts availability and also terms of when contractual obligation begins in MY "store terms" which cover me on BL, because errors do occur.

If this were to happen (due to the ToS) I would fulfill BL first then do my very best to find the parts to fill the order here too - consider the option of buying from another seller and have them drop ship. The buyer will realy appreciate the honesty and the fact that you sorted it out!

I have also had to do this on eBay more than once (duplicate listings) - each time I let the buyer know I made a mistake and that I will find one for them which I did - each time they were very understanding, and thanked me for making the extra effort!

Which leads to a suggestion - seperate post!
  • ^It's not a big deal, just order the parts from another store and make sure both orders are fulfilled.

The chances of the same part being bought on both sites at the same time are extremely low. There was one trouble maker that did it on purpose to a seller here to prove some sort of point. That user is now on several peoples blocked lists. Other than that, you shouldn't have an issue if you sync often - at least every day you have an order. We also use an external sync script that runs every 10 minutes checking either site for new orders. Haven't had a single problem since we implemented that.

• One possibility, though, is that I'm searching both BL and BO for a whole bunch of the same part, and you have the best price on it on both sites (since you have the same price on it on both sites)... It would be nice to know whether a seller has two separate inventories or one inventory listed twice, so I'd know whether I could order from both the BO and BL inventory. DadsAFOL, I assumed when I ordered from you earlier this week that it was the same inventory, since I saw the same numbers of the parts I was buying on both sites, but if it weren't, I might have bought you out on both sites, or tried to.
  • @catbricks Thanks for the idea. I will put a disclaimer on my store terms page.

Gary
  • Great point. I will add a disclaimer also.