How do you add missing dimensions

Hi, new to selling on here and I've inventoried loads of minifigures and parts, but i'm getting the message on 160+ minifigures "items missing dimensions"

How do i add the dimensions so my checkout works instead of asking for quote.

Cheers for any information

Comments

• 20 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Automated shipping calculations still work fine for items missing dimensions, the system just assumes they are fairly bulky. That's problematic for shipping methods limited to a thickness of 20mm, like we have in Canada.

In the catalog, under the Edit tab, you can find the fields where to submit dimensions. If you don't see the fields, then you are looking at a specific color of the part: click on "View other colors" first.

On a different topic, how come you aren't synchronizing your inventory with the other place? :) It seems you just uploaded/shared a subset... You could be using BrickSync's "owlsubmitdims" command to submit dimensions, in case you found that more convenient.
  • Hi thanks for the info. Regarding the sync, to be honest i've just put up items that we have lots of. We've got nearly 200k inventory in the other world, and i was worried about keeping on top of stock until i get used to using Brick owl.
  • Sure. Regarding synchronizing inventories and "keeping on top of stock", that should be effortless, feel free to have a look at this little tool:
    http://www.bricksync.net/
  • I have ghought about this but not as good with IT as i used to be. So stupid question possibly... but if i get and order on one site does this software instantly remove the ordered items from the other?
    I want to avoid having to tell people that an item has already sold.
  • Of course it does, that's the whole point of the software! :) I would suggest reading the key features then glancing over the FAQ.
  • @Miniadventureworld , I have been using it for about 2 months, works great, just one tip, before you try it, mark your super lots (if you have any) as non-synchronizable (use ~ in comment or note), after that, it is smooth sailing :)
  • Nice info guys, i'll have a look at that tomorrow.
  • I just started using the software a few weeks and it has been smooth sailing. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
  • Hi so i've started using this i gat an order in on the other site, question is when does those items come off my brickowl inventory
  • Unless you changed the value in the config file, it will be 10 minutes max (if it was just checked)
  • Still not syncing. Now had 2 orders on here and items not coming off BL.
    Not changed any values in config file as far as i'm aware. How do i check? sorry i'm not as good as i used to be with IT
  • Have you got your API keys for both BL & BO and entered them into the config file?
  • yep but didn't touch anything else in there.
  • What happens when you actually run the bricksync software? You should see a load of text on screen... the first 6 or so lines, will start INIT. Is it successfully initializing? Likewise, below the INIT lines, there's a bunch INFO lines. Are there any errors in there?
  • Doh works now. when into bricksync and it did the updates. Right I'm gonna sound really stupid now.. Do i need to do this to make the 2 sync or should it do it without me going into bricksync
  • You need to leave BrickSync running all the time! So you may have to stop your computer from going to sleep/hibernate etc. It then automatically checks for new orders/changes every 10 minutes and makes the inventory adjustments accordingly.
  • You need to let the software run at all times, it's your computer that's doing the synchronization. And as clarydicko said, don't let the computer sleep/hibernate.
  • If the computer has been in sleep or hibernate mode, just open the Bricksync Dialog box and type 'message', it will show latest message, but it will also trigger to restart the syncing process without using more 'active' commands like 'Sync'. This little trick avoids having to close the program and restart it, it just gives BS a little kick to start working again.
  • Working perfectly now, thank you guys. Just got to work out easiest way to upload/part out sets now. Part out in BL and transfer over?
  • I part out in BrickStock and import the bsx file in BrickSync, works really good. Will never part out in BL anymore