My street is starting to grow

Only started this Nov last year

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @brickmad74
    Cool, I like the Hot Dog Corner, a nice addition to a Modular street, where did you get that?
    Eric
  • Hi Eric the Hot Dog Modular was the first build I did this is where I got the PDF from

http://www.brickbuilderspro.com/hot-dog-diner-pdf-lego-instructions/

its got a nice interior too will post some pics

• @brickmad74
    Ah, the disappointment.... $10 for a PDF. I honestly don't understand MOC builders soon they start charging $10-$15-$20 for a download. From a commercial point of view, a lower 'purchase' price would attract much more people. When charging $10 you'll have many people saying in he end: maybe I shouldn't have purchased this, the result is that they will avoid buying others. If the charge is $3-4-5, they would attract many more buyers, who wouldn't be bothered by paying the price, should they found out they don't like it after all... An amount of $10 causes a certain barrier to apply a 'buy now', result is that fewer people will actually move towards it.
    So they might get 10-15-20 people to buy a $10 PDF (and gather $100~200) while by charging less, they *might* get 100 buyers at $4 (and gather up $400). I have seen this happening numerous of times...

As a sidenote:
    I'll give $7 storecredit for a copy should you whish to send me one, not a nice 'commercial' move towards the 'producer' of the thing, but then the only one to blame is the 'producer' IMHO
  • Personally I don't mind shelling out that much, at the end of the day someone has gone to a lot of effort and time to design the project they don't have to share it with us so I think it's worth it I paid $25 the other day for one worked out about £12.50 and it was worth every penny.

As a sidenote

sorry I would not sell on a PDF cheap that's just wrong the designer would lose out and I would probably be banned from the site from buying anymore and theres lots more I like, want and will get

Conclusion

Im a loyal person
  • edited March 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Aww RobErNat, that isn't very ethical. Besides, master builders don't need instructions! :D

It's looking great, brickmad74. I'm glad people are designing, sharing and building their own modulars, the hot dog stand is a nice piece of work!
  • @Stragus
    Tell me you never downloaded a song on the net, tell me you never watched a movie on a 'free streem', tell me you never listen to full albums or live gigs on You Tube. Tell me you never posted an image of a friend or a family member on Facebook without telling him/her or asking the person. Tell me you never ran a red light in your life, tell me you never drove harder then allowed. If your answer is 'no' on all counts, I'll accept that it is 'unethical' to offer a storecredit (which still costs me money) for a download, that I might actually never use because I might not have the time for it. In the end, the desinger is not losing out on it, as I wouldn't be buying it in the first place , as stated in the above message. However, should I do find the time and like it, then it might trigger me to buy a hard copy (or other ones), which is no different then to listen to albums on the net, then when you like it, you buy the CD itself (at least that's how I chose the albums I wanna buy).
  • @RobErNat. @Stragus

Now Now children play nicely
  • This isn't the place to discuss copyright infringement, this is where we discuss lego :)
This discussion has been closed.