Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Hoddie
    variants have always been there (Solid stud / Safety stud / Recessed solid stud), what seems to have been added here is the basic description of the head. If this is a voluntary move by @lawrence this should be clarified, personally, just like you I find this confusing (and certainly not a good move IMHO, if indeed it was 'intended')
  • Yeah, it's suggesting the colour of the 'crows feet' (that name always makes me laugh) is treated as a variant rather than a different head/print altogether.
  • @Hoddie
    I'm starting to wonder if this may be due to the fact that in some sets TLG has released heads with different colorprintings for eyebrows, crows, etc; These are minor details that lead to 'seperate' minifig entries on BL, with 'alternates' in the inventories whenever 'found'. When looking at the 'origins' here (just look at what it comes in) it seems this 'alternate' is being generated in dozen of sets and minifigs and yet another way to mess up the catalog due to a lot of automation on 'imports' without cleaning it up...
  • In my head, there are essentially two types of variants

Items that are basically the same, with some minor difference that has been made to the item over time
    Items that Lego substitutes for each other in a set

In this case, this is an item that Lego substitutes within sets as they see fit, so it's setup as a variant. The "mold variation" relationship name isn't ideal for these types.