Store inventory sort

Could we please have some different ways to sort store inventory? The default is not very helpful. I'd like by name or color or lot size. I think the problem with by name was that 1x12 comes before 1x4 which needs to be sorted to be truly helpful. Not sure how BL does it but it's perfect.

Thanks,

Brian

Comments

• 18 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • BL used to sort 1 x 12 before 1 x 4, but that changed when the search engine was tweaked a few years ago.

+1 on the suggestion. :)
  • As a shopper I'd like to be able to sort a store's inventory by price. That way, if my I haven't met the minimum order amout, I can quickly see what I need to add to meet that.
  • There are now additional sorting methods both in stores and when looking at your own store inventory. I have added to the list to improve the name sorting when it comes to numbers in strings.
  • I've given it a day and still don't see any options to sort my own inventory other than default. That was my original request. What am I missing?

Brian
  • I agree I am seeing the drop down box but the only option I have is default as the box doesn't drop down with anymore options.
  • The additional sorting methods are working for me. One quirk/bug - when sorting by price, sometimes the price shown on the resulting list isn't the price used to determine the sort:

http://bricksomania.brickowl.com/store/lego-parts?order=price

...the garage door part in row 4 displays US $13.288, but the highest priced lot for that part is actually US $26.643, which fits in between the prices before and after.
  • The new sorting methods weren't applied when you were browsing your own inventory as opposed to searching it. That has now changed and the browse system now uses the search system as the backend so it has all the new sorting methods.

Sorting by price on stores behaves oddly because of the fact that an item with many colours can have many prices, I will improve the display of this at a later date.
  • The sorting methods in browse are very helpful when I'm editing my inventory. Thank you SO much for upgrading this.

Brian
  • Still having issues with this. When I sort by name I really get sorted by color name since that is the first part in the string. Sort by color doesn't give me anything immediately useful. Dark bleys were spread throughout. Sorting by ID is also a little tricky because at the moment 10000 comes before 2.

Name should sort by part name regardless of color.

Color should sort as name does at the moment.

And any number driven sort should look at the number as a number, not a string.

Also, every search is still defaulting to Z-A. I have to click the arrow next to the search to get A-Z.

Brian
  • I have fixed the colour sort and the A-Z defaults. I will improve the sorting of strings with numbers later when I workout a good method for dealing with it.
  • Can you add a sort by part condition to the options in the store inventory?
  • Thanks for the work on this. I assume the unfinished bit you mentioned had to do with parsing out the color name so it doesn't alphabetize by that? For now I can at least sort by ID so all the same pieces are grouped together.

Thanks,

Brian
  • Bump on this. Name sort and Color sort give the same results as the color is considered as part of the name. Would like for the color to be ignored when sorting by name. My 1x1 bits are all over the place and it would be nice for them to be collected together in a search query.

Thanks, Brian
  • Would be nice to be able to sort under the store inventory of any single item in more than one way. Such as Condition, color. Or if I'm adding only Used parts be able to Hide New parts so I don't have to scroll through both New and Used items.
    Thanks,
    Melissa
  • It would also be nice to be able to see the quantity of each part in a set inventory that I currently have in my inventory on the set inventory page. This would make it easier to update other inventory quantities after I part out sets.
  • I should mention that the name sort works splendidly in SET inventories. It does not produce the same result in my STORE inventory. In my store, it still sorts by name using the color as part of the name.

Brian
This discussion has been closed.