Billing/Shipping address different than Paypal address

Hello,

I have received an order where the billing/shipping address was located in the US, but then when I went on to print my label in paypal, the shipping address was in another country.
The way it is integrated aren't they supposed to match ?

Thanks,
CB

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • A buyer can have payment address in their "home country" and then have it shipped to a different address. If you go to buy something, you have to type in the shipping address if its different. Your customer definitely wants it shipped to the shipping location.

Could be they are visiting, it is to a shipping center the makes it cheaper for them to get packages via a 3rd party company, maybe it is a relative and they plan on seeing this relative soon.

Lots of reasons but I would not worry. Ship it to the ship to address is my opinion and how we run our store.

Chris
  • But then you lose the seller protection from Paypal...
  • In my time accepting PayPal for 6 years and well over 1,000 shipment, 2 people have opened a PayPal dispute. 1 of them was recent and it was an accident, they just wanted to message me.

2nd was a long time ago due to fraud on the account. Even if sent to the PayPal address if the customer says its a fraud charge doesn't matter if you delivered it to the PayPal address.

If you want to be extra cautious and take the time if its a large order. Go to the PayPal transaction and look at their PayPal email and send them a message that way to verify where they want the package. This way you know its not BrickOwl fraud.

I wouldn't stress it though. Just my 2cents.
    Chris
  • Account history is a big factor in it. In this case it is an account that is a 1 day old and 0 feedback. If that was an established account that would be different. I also got the instruction to not deliver on week-ends, I wish I had that control on USPS :)
  • I've shipped to hotels in the USA for international customers. Both were small orders, so not much risk. Both worked out well, with happy customers.