old vintage lego

hello i have been selling on here for about a month and i am not sure about the acceptable catagories .i have a large lot of vintage lego from my loft most of which is in well used condition i.e. white bricks are no longer white ,clear items are faded ,and most of the bricks have scratches on them .i was wondering if it would be acceptable to put this lego on as acceptable ,i dont want to upset customers who might buy some of these items any advice would be great cheers .

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In my opinion, very rare parts may be worth selling even scratched/faded/damaged if clearly identified as such in the public notes... but regular parts, like modern mold 2x4 bricks, are probably best left out if they could be graded below "acceptable".
  • thankyou for your comment stragus i am just not sure what is good and what is bad i will have to have a good look through it all thankyou
  • edited February 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I put down comments of nicks/teethmarks, faded and playwear on the plates and some other bricks. I listed over 5000 plates to now 2200 plates as they were very handy for inner projects that doesn't show out that why they buy it cheap. All plates had been washed before shipping out and they look stunning despite nicks/teeth marks. Only really severe nicks, broken edges or in very bad condition had been disposed in the recycling plant.
  • thankyou jiries i think i will have to get the fairy washing up liquid out .on a lot of the bricks there are little marks which i think is from the moulding,have you got any advice on this thankyou
  • It best to put on the comments field and buyers would see it. Yes I did spent more than 30mins washing around 300 plates, what I do is using 1x16 black bricks and click the 1x1 to 2x6 plate sizes on 1 side and facing each way away to allow the old toothbrush to clean everywhere, rinse, shake it off and lay on the old bed sheet which dry out very fast overnight. Larger plates by hand each.

If you are referring 2x4 bricks you click in to 10 each, soft sponge the sides, then toothbrush clean the top studs, take a brick off then clean the 9th brick studs and so on. it does do a job quickly on any sized bricks much improved shiny look despite teeth/marks. No buyers like dirty bricks at all.

• thankyou jiries looks like i am going to be busy i am sure i can create a game for the kids to play tonight might make it a competion for them save me doing it thankyou
  • Sell it as 'Garden Lego' as some people keep the scratched damaged Lego for playing in the garden as its often older Lego cascaded from the house.
  • officially the answer is here http://www.brickowl.com/help/item-conditions

I wouldn't sell something that I wouldn't like to receive. A negative feedback can cause a lot of pain for a couple of pence brick. best to make a public comment on each brick that is scratched, toothed or faded. Hope this helps.
  • thankyou beardy I have just got tons of new lego so will be very busy with that for the next few days then I have got tons of nearly new to put on so the old vintage stuff will be put on hold for a few months thankyou for your response I am taking note of every comment that is left very useful ,one day I will get it all done regards brennan's bounty