Hello Brick Owls

Although I am a Lego collector for years this is my first adventure into brick marketing. Go easy on me and my site but please give me some advice. I'm not sure I have set up my postal service correctly and I am a little worried about colours. How can I ensure that my 'grey' v 'dark stone' are correctly labeled, along with other colours. I'm starting off with a small inventory compared to other stores. Do I have enough stock to make an impression in the market place? I intend to add additional stock in the weeks and months ahead.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Being honest I have not looked at your store.

A little tip on colors though.

Stone gray = have a bluish type tint to them and are the "newer" color
    Regular dark/light gray = have an older/flat look to them without the blue tint and are no longer in production.

Reddish brown = Like it implies, has a more reddish tint to the brown and is the "newer" color.
    Brown = Without the red tint and is no longer in production (Dark Brown is still in production. regular brown is not)

Good luck!
    Chris
  • The whole 'old/new' gray thing is why I'm glad I didn't leave my dark ages until well after the change occurred. My childhood Lego was long gone and everything I've bought since has been the new colour variations (except for some polys which will remain sealed). I'm dreading Lego going through another round of palette changes...!

I find brown and reddish brown pretty easy to tell apart. Medium stone gray and light gray, not so much. I only have a couple of pieces of both in my inventory, from sealed sets I opened myself, and they're clearly labelled so I don't make any mistakes!

It might be worth creating a colour matching tool for yourself as discussed not so long ago in this thread:
    http://www.brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/4593/colour-matching-tools

Regards your store, 400 pieces is pretty low but if you have the right combination of pieces that someone using the Wishlist feature is looking for, then great. I'd advise you sign up for the affiliate schemes if you haven't already, as many of my early sales came from Rebrickable, and even today I still get quite a few from there and WallofBricks.
  • Thanks budgetkids and Hoddie for your kind words. I will have to make sure I get my colours right. Brick Owl is my only site so far but I will look into joining other sites. Great to talk to you. Best Regards