Setting Up Shipping Methods

Hi all!

My inventory has been imported and now I'm trying to set up shipping methods. I don't sell pieces/parts, mainly base sets so my lightest set is about 3 ounces while my heaviest is nearly 3 pounds. Plus, being in NC a package has different rates depending on whether it's going to Tennessee, Colorado, Oregon, etc.

Any suggestions on the best route to set up these methods? I've been using bricklink for a few years but for some reason, this platform has me second guessing what I should do.

Thanks!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @siddarth, you can setup First Class for small packages as the rate is the same no matter the destination. For larger packages, there is no way to rates based on zip, so either you setup your shipping method with the highest rate (zone 8) and could issue refunds when shipping to a closer zone (really not ideal as you may loose sales because the rates shown will be really high) or the buyer can use request a quote.
    Personally I don't like any of the solutions, but went with default rate that cover 80% of my sets and quotes for the remaining 20% of the very large sets.
  • You could also add a shipping method for every destination (Tennessee, Colorado, etc.). Start by creating one with the correct minimum and maximum dimensions, and weight bands, and then create additional methods by selecting this one in the drop down. This should mean that you need only adjust the prices. I appreciate this will be time-consuming but it's usually a one-off task with perhaps annual updates.
  • Some states have up to 3 different zones in them (that is the max I have seen for me, may be some have more from other locations) and you'll have to rely on the user to pick the correct shipping method from its state and not just the cheapest among the dozens that will be displayed at checkout.
  • Ah yes of course, you're limited to selecting USA only aren't you? Sorry, brain fart moment I guess. This is the limitation of the shipping methods system as it's currently implemented.