New seller mistake

We learn from our mistakes, right?

For those of you using weight bands for shipping rates for instant checkout on Brick Owl, take a moment to go look at your store Inventory with missing data.

My Store > Inventory (tab) > Missing Data (filter) > Weight

Find any large/heavy items that would be unusual to ship in your pre-defined weight bands. Brick Owl will determine the weight band with these items as 0g.

You can: weigh them accurately, and edit the catalog to submit the proper weight.
And/or: Edit the unusually heavy items in your inventory to check the "Force Quote" checkbox.

Now that I have discovered this, I imagine there are other categories that I will be wanting to check carefully as well.

Ironically the new and loathed 8 oz weight band at USPS meant no harm done on my mistake. :)

-- Cameron

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • For your information, items are never assumed to be 0g, a placeholder weight is used based on an assumption for that type of item. However, submitting weights is very beneficial.
  • For your information, items are never assumed to be 0g, a placeholder weight is used based on an assumption for that type of item. However, submitting weights is very beneficial.
    Thanks for the correction! And I would have realized that before I posted had I looked at the proper panel on the screen. My mistake (again). :-S