Bug or browser issue?

I was in the catalog looking at the 1x1 plates. Clicked on the sell tab --it showed that I had 55 lots for sale. I scrolled down the page several times trying to find my black 1x1 plates, but could not find the lot. So I went over to the buy tab and immediately found it. Searched through the sell tab again and couldn't find it. Finally I counted the lots that I could see, and came up with exactly 50, but yet it did not show me a page 2 anywhere that I could see. So I deleted one of my 0 qty lots, and immediately my black lot showed as the last lot on the page.
I don't know if this is a browser issue, but I was not able to view over 50 lots.
I tried on both IE and Chrome
Thanks,
Katie

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited January 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @alltrightbricks
    Hi Katie, I actually had to look for a part with over 50 (I frequently delete empty lot's), best I could find was 30 (54200 cheese slopes). I simulated it by setting about 25 lots to zero and then sync, it resulted in ending up with 54 lot's, and you are correct, only 50 show if your starting point is the catalog entry, so I don't think it's a browser issue, as other ways of using BO do allow to have multiple pages. I also don't think it's a bug, maybe there was never a reason for Lawrence to display more then 50 when using that particular method. And to be honest, I'm wondering why you would actually use the link on the catalog page for such, you can also simply select 'inventory' on top of page, type the partnumber and it will bring you to your own inventory straight away, with multiple pages available when the amount is more then 50 ;-)
    So this might be a case of 'lack of utility' as the BO system allows you to access your inventory straight away in 2 ways (the inventory selection on top of page & the inventory page itself with all it's categories.

That particular page also doesn't offer much options for sorting, while accessing items in your inventory gives you plenty of sorting methods, easy to use IMO, I think that page is really intended to add new lot's one after the other, but not really intended for 'editing' existing lot's.

And now I'm going to delete +25 lot's of Cheese Slopes :-D

Cheers, Eric
  • Hi Eric,
    Thanks for trying this out and verifying it for me. I did a cancel on a BL order for 325 1x1 black plates, and I always like to do a quick check and make sure both inventories are the same after using Bricksync.

Anyway, as to your question about why I would go to the catalog first rather than just my inventory.
    If I type 1x1 plate into the search box on my inventory, the first items that shows is 99784, and I have 50 plus pages showing at the top. If I go to the catalog, the first image that shows is the 1x1 plate. Now if I knew the number for the 1x1 plate by heart, then of course it would make more sense to go straight to the inventory, but if I have to take the time to look up the number, then I might as well go straight to the catalog.

Hope that makes sense, just works easier for me.
    Thanks,
    Katie
  • @alltrightbricks
    From a 'I wanna make sure' point of view it makes sense, yes.
    But in all honesty, to me it makes no sense: Bricksync is designed to synchronise your inventory, so I have the feeling you don't trust it 100%. Secondly, if you adjust your BL inventory for a reason as stated above (or any other reason), then obviously you do have the part number on hand, as it will most likely be in a second browsertab, either on the inventory page, either on the catalog page, either on the buyers order page ;-)

So far I found only one major fluke with Bricksync, but it ain't BS itself, it's the numbering system from BL<>BO that causes the fluke: Any 'random' package in every CMF series resorts to the first individual entry on BO, because on BL they have the packagenumber ending on 1: 71010-1 for example, while on BO that's the first CMF of each series (Wolf guy in my example: 71010-1). So never, never never list a 'random' CMF package on BL, as it will mess up your BO listing on it.

Cheers, Eric

• It does indeed look like there's a limit of 50, thanks for reporting that, I'll see what I can do. As a side note users are welcome to use these tools however they wish, I personally often use it for editing inventory as it's easier to access from normal catalog search.
  • Granted, I'm a little less bothered by a hickup on one page, knowing there are other means/pages to access them, particulary as I don't work that way, so I do tend to forget there are also sellers working exclusivly on BO, and for them indeed it might be handy to access/edit quantities from a single page, so my previous post sounded a bit 'blasé' I suppose, thanks for gently pointing to it and reminding me there are more sellers then just the syncing ones ;-) I'm sure they will appreciate if you can upgrade it and bring the page to a higher level.
  • @RobErNat
    From a 'I wanna make sure' point of view it makes sense, yes.
    But in all honesty, to me it makes no sense: Bricksync is designed to synchronise your inventory, so I have the feeling you don't trust it 100%.
    Hi Eric,
    No, I have absolute confidence in Bricksync. Alexis has designed a great program, and I continue to be a happy user/supporter of the program.
    I just don't have confidence in the user of the program. If I'm doing something a bit different, I always want to double check myself. My system for cancelling an order on BL is to do--blmaster on--cancel order--blmaster off. But I've never been certain that that is the correct way to do it, so I often do a double check.

You are talking to a very computer illiterate person, so I often double check myself, and if I have a system that works I've got to be convinced to do something different.

Katie