Adding new items

Hello all!

I'm Liz and have been on Brick Owl several months now, originally as a buyer and now I'm doing a little selling too.

I was hoping for some help from the experts! I'm trying to list various minifigure parts that I have to sell but I'm finding with the heads that they exist but with safety studs, rather than the recessed studs that I need to list. How do I go about adding a variation to an existing part? I haven't made any contributions to the catalog before and I'm terrified of getting it wrong!

Apologies if this information is out there already!

Many thanks for your help

Liz

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @lizbsmall

Hi Liz, creating an alternate head is fairly easy:
    Just select the other type of head, make sure you're not on the 'color' (for example yellow) when you do so (if you are, the system will mention on the first line 'edit the normal uncolored version', then click that statement to move 'up' to the level above). Once you are on the uncolored entry, click edit (or if you moved up a stage, you'll be on the correct page) and scroll down. There you will have a blue box 'create recessed solid stud alternate' (or 'create safety stuf alyternate' if your starting point was the opposite version), press it, state a reason why you are creating it and move on to 'submit'. Nothing left to do, everything is automated, once approved, the new head will be created AND soon after that be added as an alternate on the inventory of the fig(s) it appears in. On approval you will get a notification/invitation to edit the head, the only thing you might wanna do is upload an image for it.
    You don't need to wait for this whole process if you wanna list right away, just list the fig with a description stating the head is 'recessed solid' or 'safety', buyers won't make a problem out of it if you stated it ;-)
  • Thank you for your help! I will give it a go tonight - and if all else fails, list it with details description! Thank you