Pay Pal problem??

edited August 2013 in Brick Owl Vote Up0Vote Down
I mentioned this an earlier post.
When I receive a payment - here is the message I get ::
all orders are now showing "unconfirmed address" any idea why?

cheers graham

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for using PayPal. You can now ship any items. To see all the transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.

Important note: (name**********************) has provided an unconfirmed address. Please check the Transaction Details page for this payment to find out whether you will be covered by PayPal Seller Protection.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Seller Protection - Not Eligible
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

description notes "Brick Owl Order"
name and email shows but NO address whatsoever

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • bump
    Does anyone have any input?
    I have not had this happen, on ebay or bricklink
    Thanks!
  • I've changed the address handling for standard payments. Previously they could not provide an address, now they can provide an address but it is not required.

The PayPal address is shown on the order details page for normal PayPal setups, but not for the standard PayPal payment which I believe you use.
  • One question then - why?

Basically I have no "seller protection" at all thru PayPal as is
  • further what is the difference between the two?

Thanks!
  • What is your "why" in regards to?

I believe the change in the address handling may affect the situation you have where there is no address which appears to give you no seller protection, but I am not sure this.

The proper version of the PayPal checkout is for business accounts, it is fully integrated into the checkout and customers cannot place an order without paying.

The standard version is for non-business accounts, payment has to be taken after the order is placed and it is possible for a customer to place the order and then when they get sent to PayPal, just close the browser and not pay.

A PayPal account can easily be upgraded from standard to business but some people do not want to do this for their own reasons.
  • What is your "why" in regards to?

I
    Why does it not show in "standard"?

I will upgrade to business ASAP so I guess the prob goes away?

• It does not show because the standard version does not have an API so currently we haven't tied up the data we get from PayPal with the order. The other version has the full integration.

Make sure you setup the other PayPal method after you upgrade and disable the standard version.
  • OK thanks (again) :)