Possible issue with catalogue - LEGO Flat Silver Motorcycle Fairing Body (50859)

Had a query from a customer on this part. We supplied a chassis in silver as shown in the image, which appears to be correct for the part number. But it comes up in with the list of parts for the 50860 fairing body, which is what the customer was expecting.

Is this catagorised wrong at some point? Wrong image right part number here?

Cheers

Mike

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @sophiesbrickshop
    Obviously a mess, it seems the parent entry is holding both part numbers, reason both chassis and fairing resort under the same entry. Luckely both have distinct colors (several for the fairings, and just 1 for the chassis) otherwise it would be a serious mess for sellers who sync.
    I'll give it a shot to try to sort this out ;-)
  • Ok, I filed a removal for number 50859 from the parent entry, this should automaticly remove the fairing from the parent entry. However, I'm not sure what is going to happen with the listed ones. Also, I've noticed the entry is saying that number 50859 is comming from a 'child', yet when I explore all the childs, I can't find a single reason. @Lawrence: can you check whether there is hidden data that might explain why this entry (50860) says number 50859 comes from a child?
    I also notice from inventories that both fairings (long and short) are part of the automated 'alternate' (alternate 3) implementation. Sorry to say, but that is soooo wrong. According to Brickowl there are 53 items that are holding the long ones and 28 with short ones, even assemblies are holding both as alternates, that's not even possible. Assemblies CANNOT have alternates of this kind, as they would be a different assembly !! When checking BL, there is only 1 set that holds both fairings as an alternate, every other set has either the long fairing, either the short one. So once again this automated 'alternate' thing is causing a serious mess in inventories because of it :-(
  • Cheers, I appreciate you looking into that. If it gets tidied up for all then thats a win :)
  • I've removed the incorrect numbers from all of the entries on the incorrect item