This is why BO is so much better.

At the other place...

A 3% charge will be added to the order and shipping rate for handling and payment processing.
An additional 2% fee will be added if you choose to pay in a currency other than CAD.
I then add 4% handling fee to the order total (including shipping).

All from the same store.

3% + 2% + 4%? Is this 9% or some other complex calculation? It's utter madness.

When buying, especially sets and minifigs, a person's first stop is surely the listings pages? If fees are absent from such listings like they are on BL, it makes those pages absolutely worthless. For this reason, among many, BO is so much better.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I did the math, it's either 9% or 9.26%. So on a £100 order either £109 or £109.26. Depending how they do their percentages that £0.26 is like an extra fourth charge :)
  • I know the amount in question isn't an awful lot - but they soon add up :) Not only that, but the £9/£9.26 isn't factored in to the price displayed on the listings pages, and that's a hell of a difference in price, assuming a single £100 item.

It's more the principal of the thing. Clear pricing is the absolute way to do business, ethically if not (yet) legally in some countries.
  • Oh I agree, I wasn't trying to minimise it, just further highlight how utterly rediculous it is. I'm vehemently against the idea of being shown an arbitrary number on an item, then later receiving an invoice for a totally inflated number. It's a big chunk of why this website exists.
  • That's crazy. Complicated fees are so annoying as a buyer. My store charges USPS retail rates + US$1.05 handling, regardless of country. What you see on USPS.com is what you pay. That *almost* covers all my postage costs, fees, commissions, supplies, packing, etc. My profit is on the bricks, not the fees. Seems like it is simpler for buyers that way.

I'm new around here, but learning my way, and so far I really like it!