No picture, no name - unknown

Question for catalog people and buyers alike.

If there is nothing for a part. No information, no picture, etc. How do you know what you are buying? Or is it a gamble and surprise?

Example:
http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-unnamed-duplo-figure-642739#buy

The example listed is a minifig and from the Dino series but other that that, is there a way to determine the fig?

Chris

P.S. I know what it is due to external lot id's and matching it up with the other place. Curious if there is another way for buyers to know what they are actually getting?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would like to know this. I had a part the other day, Decorated Slope, no image, and the peeron id on the part was incorrect for what I listed on Bricklink and Synced across.
    I know I should be doing a better job of checking my inventory here for missing images but I do not get the time.
  • http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-unnamed-duplo-figure-642739#buy

The example listed is a minifig and from the Dino series but other that that, is there a way to determine the fig?
    Well, I can tell you it's a Duplo female figure with brown legs, a tooth necklace pattern and black hair, present in the the sets 2602, 2603, 2604, 2605, 2821, 2852, 9194 and 9195. :)

It would be nice to make public some kind of database cross-referencing list... but BLIDs are supposedly precious intellectual property.
  • @Stragus

How on earth did you figure that out? (you are correct)
  • Never mind, I see now with researching the taxonomy. I never fully understood what those numbers/letter combinations were. Thanks.
  • @Stragus
    How on earth did you figure that out? (you are correct)
    I didn't look at the taxonomy, I have some kind of database merging everything known to BL and BO. The little owl2bsx tool uses it (I wanted to finish and share BrickStore-style software but I have limited free timetime and way too many personal projects...).
  • It would be nice to make public some kind of database cross-referencing list... but BLIDs are supposedly precious intellectual property.
    You mean those ones that aren't actually Peeron nomenclature? :-P