non payers

hello i am new on this site and have had quite a good start on here but also i have had two buyers who have not paid ,is this a common problem on here.i know i am not losing out on any monies but it is time wasting etc ,if anybody has any ideas i would be greatful thankyou

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I can't see that you have any orders that haven't been paid, but you can prevent this by using the PayPal for business accounts payment method, instead of PayPal for standard accounts
  • hello lawrence i am in the process of upgrading paypal what i found was that two buyers requested postage quote which i have sent then heard nothing else from them my postage was not over the top in fact i have robbed myself with the few i have sent
  • edited January 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Oh, in the case of quote requests, sometimes customers don't go through with them, but most of the time they do, so it's definitely worth of filing them out. If you would like to reduce the number of quote requests, you can implement more shipping methods that apply to the people that are requesting quotes. Alternatively, you can select the option to not show the quote request when there are other shipping methods available.
  • thankyou for your advice really helpfull .i hope to be a long term seller on here building up a portfolio for my young son he is well into this already trying to drag me out to the shops all the time .once again thankyou
  • I too have an order that was not paid for. After a week I sent a polite message to the buyer but with no response. I noticed the same buyer is placing orders in several stores besides mine.
  • I've had a handful of unpaid orders - not quotes - over the last couple of years. I just send a polite message after a few days telling them to either pay or contact me if they need more time. If I haven't heard anything further after a day or so I just cancel the order and use the feature to mark the customer as not having paid.