BO color chart missing a color

I use bricksync and recently uploaded some old Duplo parts, one of which is the color "Dark Yellow". This color is non-existent in the color chart on BO but this color is on the other site.

Bricksync spits out an error stating it failed to translate color code 161 to a BO color code.

Are we able to get this added to the color list?

Thank you,
Chris

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited January 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @budgetkids
    This kind of 'issue' came up before, the problem is that these very rare colors do not have a match indeed, but also quite complicated to resolve, because oftenly the BL data differs from the TLG data and has more 'splits' compared to TLG itself... and sometimes just for a couple of parts...
    Check some posts in this thread
    http://www.brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/comment/15245

I'm not sure it's wise to start messing with a few extra colorID's just for a few parts, it might be wiser to simply skip these with the ~ tag on BL (it's not like a couple of parts 'not' syncing is going to make a major deal for your store).
    But it will be up to Lawrence whether or not he wants to add those in the list of colors
  • I believe that BL colour is Curry, I've now added in Curry
  • I see it in the color chart, thank you for addressing that.

BrickSync is still unable to add the part though. I get the same error stated in my OP
  • Bricksync might need updating as well. Paging @Stragus :)
  • It will be cached somewhere, on BO, possibly on BS, so just give it some time.
  • BrickSync doesn't update its color conversion table automatically. It would need a /color_list API call, which requires catalog API access (enabled manually by Lawrence when requested).

Give me a day or two, and I'll upload an update!

Perhaps I should add a feature to periodically grab a cached color table from the website... but it really doesn't change very often.
  • Can confirm it doesn't change very often, I think the last time was for the agents conductive black